Fastest growing Zoas?

rjbesch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed pink and golds all the way. One of the hardiest Paly too. Just make sure if you blast em with light otherwise they look like poop with a skirt.

I will agree with everyone else on this one, I ripped them out by huge mats with 30+ in each group. They grew from 3-4 polyps to i would say well over 80+ in just a few months and that was with me pulling them out the keep them fragged. Mine morphed into an awesome color with a green speckled face plate and bright pink skirt but they were overgrowing some of my acros and and stunting them so they are banished to my sump right now being blasted with an led light until i can get rid of them all.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will agree with everyone else on this one, I ripped them out by huge mats with 30+ in each group. They grew from 3-4 polyps to i would say well over 80+ in just a few months and that was with me pulling them out the keep them fragged. Mine morphed into an awesome color with a green speckled face plate and bright pink skirt but they were overgrowing some of my acros and and stunting them so they are banished to my sump right now being blasted with an led light until i can get rid of them all.

My pink and golds are trying to out compete the H.A. lol, and I think the P&Gs are winning.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also would like to know does anyone else's P&G grab food? mine does, just like an acan

OP
OP
Rikerbear

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm....looks like I need to find me some P&G :tongue:

reefsandrotts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
im one of the lucky ones that rastas grow like crazy,
i get 3-4 polyps a month but my copperband keeps trimming them....stupid fish

guichi1210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fruit loops zoa grew from ~40 to several hundred in 18 months. It now covers a 6 x 3 area. They look great between nuke greens and eagle eyes.

OP
OP
Rikerbear

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Thanks everyone for all the posts of your favs and fast growers.
I'm sure anxious to start adding more to my tank. It would be SO easy to just go on a crazy buying spree....but....gotta go slow if I want to do this right.
I think my next squishy will be a frag of Eagle Eye

infinite abyss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think these answers will vary because everyone has a different tank and different lights, and flow.

Therefore, every zoa or paly may be different in which grows the fastest.

OP
OP
Rikerbear

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think these answers will vary because everyone has a different tank and different lights, and flow.

I assumed as much actually, but it's fun hearing from other reefers none the less :smile:

Smnparish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

True, for some reason it seems that zoa/paly success really can't be determined until they are in our tanks, like it's almost always a gamble as to what will grow well and what won't.

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guichi - wish you were close to Pittsburgh because I have been looking for them and can find them. I am hoping some show up on for the swap coming up in Feb. for me I have a green paly that over took my xenia on its island started with 1 polyp about 6-7 months ago.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back