How to get rid of Zoa from rocks?

Jakef150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don't hammer me...

I have Zoa on rocks with SPS it's spread like wild fire....how....to kill it ? :tongue: sorry.

I am try not to remove rocks and cut it part area of Rock cuz of SPS growing onto rocks.

I tried to remove Zoa from rocks inside the tank without get it out of tank and it released toxic and killed 3 SPS (birdnest)

Any tips? Advice?

Thanks

BODI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy some kalkwasser mix (or pickling lime from Walmart or grocery store, Its the same stuff and cheaper!).

Mix up as much powder as will dissolve into a half cup of hot water (about 1Tbs or so) and stir/shake well.

Draw solution into a clean syringe and then carefully inject it into the mouth of each polyp and watch them melt away!

I suggest you only do a few pollyps at a time so you don't cause a bad spike in your water quality. It may also help to turn off your flow while injecting.

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also injecting more than a few at a time will release dangerous levels of toxins, depending on how large your tank is. The only thing has has killed mine effectively and consistently with one treatment is injection of tiny amounts of full strength muriatic acid (HCl).

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This must be exactly what is happening in my tank. I've had 3 corals in the same spot start dying. I'm going to try and just rip mine off with some tweezers. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Jakef150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines Biocube 29

That's problem...

How long can clam and SPS out of tank ? I can try remove it out of tank and try to remove as many i can then rinse with ro di water or saltwater from tank before put it in ???

Will it cause any ammonia spike or ??

Last edited:

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you wear gloves, mouth, nose, and eye covering if you work on them outside of the tank.

timmylucas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt know you could do that with kalkwaser. I need to look into this more. I have zoas smothering out some of my sps as well

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used epoxy and superglue together and smothered them with it. They die slowly and don't bomb the tank this way.

Back