Club Zoa Spotlight! darth mauls!

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this is an oldie but barely no one has it because they are melters. I had mine very high in the tank and they looked amazing but when I changet to LEDs they melted on me. Share your experiences with this awesome zoa.
8099753952_cbfb6d5223_o.jpg

RKLion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a couple polyps for a few months. Can't get them to grow yet.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do great to about a 30 plus polyp colony, cut them to have back ups or to donate to someone, then that colony and frag melt right away... happend more times that I can remember so I stopped collecting these specific polyps.

deedeesdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them for a while and will try again... first got them they did great. Over growing other near by zoas. I spilt the colony one cluster high, one low.. even gave some to a friend. 20 gallon under t-5s.. buddy's tank 30 with l.e.d.s... well then they started melting after like a year.. his too.. same time.. all were lost except one polyp in my tank. Figured where it was 3/4 the way down somewhat shaded. I figured needs more light and flow... I was right started lookin great and even sprouted 2 babies... I was so happy! Then nitrate spike cuz I ran outta salt til payday after rent got paid. Did barrow salt from said buddy but wasn't enuff.. and they were gone :( with my new wisdom along with bigger tank in the works, I will try again... since I've got an Adonis and that one did fine thru another spike... got 2 new ones emerging and will sprout n e day now :) Adonis even tho are way more expensive at $200pp at this point seems to be a lil more forgiving.

deedeesdaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Utter chaos, chaquitas, pink elephants and others also lived thru both nitrate spikes happy to say! Space monsters, 2 types of lunar destroyers and blue hippos did not :( I absolutely hate buying the same corals again.... but dang nabbit... I loved those so much, the hell with the money, I want another Crack at growing those beauties.. they give me pleasure lol

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything with "maul" is tough in my book. Darths are TOUCHY! I've lost 3 frags of them but my 4th is doing well! Knock on wood.

Noob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got these from WWC when they had their sale. pictures do not do these guys justice. i hope they don't melt. i'm basically waiting for them to since i've heard of so many bad experiences with them.
DarthMauls.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back