my palys heads' are morphing, and falling off

Mattyice008

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't have time to take a pic, but basically the heads of some of my long time palys and zoas are closing up, morphing into some weird shape, then actually falling off their base and everything melts. I've also had 2 shrimp die in the past 2 days. Only thing I've changed is adding live phyto to the tank. There area few of what I believe to be hydroids in the tank as well. Parameters and everything are all fine. I've stopped dosing zeovit coral snow from once a day to once a week.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear of your losses. :(

If shrimp are dying maybe there is a parameter you're not testing for? Phosphate, Copper? It's hard to say without knowing more details. On a side note, sundial snails attack zoas at the base, so you might want to check for that.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, just saw your other sick zoa thread. Sounds like nudis might be the culprit.

OP
OP
Mattyice008

Mattyice008

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. I went around the tank 50 times last night and this morning, and only found the 1 last night. Going to be taking all z/p and putting them in a coral RX dip later today, I doubt this one nudi is responsible for all the damage though

finallysalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nudi are like roaches. If you see one, there are dozens more in hiding! Normally, by the time you see them, you are over run. I would take action quickly.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double dose of flatworm exit and repeat on day 5 will rid your system of nudi

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 71 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back