Zoa Stretching

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I've had these zoas for about 3 months now in the same spot all the sudden the started stretching . Is it because of my lighting ?

OP
OP
A

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have to more frags that are getting like that . Okay I will move them up higher

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had zoa's stretch under the same lighting i have run for years. I use a kessil a360 and had the 350 before that so Im on LEDs compared to your t5's, but I did as others suggested and moved it higher to get more light. That actually increased my stretching...I eventually moved them to the bottom of the tank in a "repair area" to keep them away from coral that was doing well, and this seemed to to get them to stop stretching. That being said after they normaled out for a few months they did eventually melt and die.

Lighting is definitely a good indicator of stretching zoa's but not always the case.

OP
OP
A

Alan600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I see I wanna do t5 / led set up but I don't really know much about led . I have a lot of high end zoas and I just don't wanna throw In some random led and mess everything up .

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back