Hornets

hit_the_gap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
so i recently upgraded my tank from a 72 to a 120. i had a nice happy frag of blue hornet zoas that seemed to be doing great. Ever since i made my move, the color on the hornets are practically gone. All of the polyps are open, but the color is very dull (to non existent).

All of my other corals (sps, lps, and softies) are doing great (full of colors and extended), but the hornets dont even look like hornets anymore. should i move them more into the light or leave them alone? right now they are in direct light (6 bulb T5 with relatively new Geism bulbs) about 1/4 of the way up. my old setup had them about 2/3 of the way up (so much closer to the light).

i run my sg at 1.025
amm, nitrate, nitrite at 0.0 (last time i checked) last week
ca is around 410-410
alk is around 8.0-8.4
ph is 8.3.
i usually have some presence of p04 (but its usually pretty low) and i also use gfo to combat it.

bobstir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had a similar problem. IME blue hornets like high light and high / moderate flow. Once giving them more light, the colors came back. In fact, there are two polyps that were stuck to the rock in the lower light area. They are still colorless, while the ones i moved are bright again.

Back