Officially in the Zoa Addict Club

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this past weekend at CoralCon I picked up 14 zoa frags and a small rock with 4 different zoa colonies. Looks like I'm officially addicted. I actually had to make a makeshift frag rack in my 8g biocube until I finish setting up my new frag tank and get the light for it. I didn't get names for most of the frags just grabbed what I thought looked really cool and I didn't think was overly expensive, I know I got some red hornets, some purple hornets, some punk rockers, an X-Men Paly, and those are the only names I remember off the top of my head. Sooner or later I'm sure I'll take some pictures and post in the ID section.

So far about half of the frags are starting to open up(lights just came on 20min go) so hopefully all of them will open up by the time the lights turn off(about 9PM est) but I'll be at work at that time. I'm gonna have to adjust my lighting schedule to have my lights come on later while I'm at work and stay on till right before I head to bed.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome we need pics!

OP
OP
M

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be sure to get some once everything settles in, I'll also be changing my lighting schedule as right now the lights turn on before I head to work and are off by the time I get home.

OP
OP
M

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get on them as soon as possible, I have my lights schedules to turn on right now at 1pm but this weekend I will change the lights to come on much later so that they turn off around 3am since I get off work at midnight so it will give me more viewing time.

And JoshPorkSandwhich I got an awesome Red Hornet frag from you that I can' wait to see open up in my tank. My light schedule hasn't allowed me to see many of them open up since I'm only home for the first hour of the lights being on.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get on them as soon as possible, I have my lights schedules to turn on right now at 1pm but this weekend I will change the lights to come on much later so that they turn off around 3am since I get off work at midnight so it will give me more viewing time.

And JoshPorkSandwhich I got an awesome Red Hornet frag from you that I can' wait to see open up in my tank. My light schedule hasn't allowed me to see many of them open up since I'm only home for the first hour of the lights being on.

Change you light schedule dude! Make them turn on when you're home.

OP
OP
M

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just changed my light schedule to have the lights stay on till 3am, I'll take some pictures tonight as long as everything is opening up like it should be by now.

OP
OP
M

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are in a BC8 with the stock lighting so far, the stock PC bulbs should be enough for these zoas especially since most are only a few inches under the water.

OP
OP
M

Mustang Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha, just changed my lighting over to LED and more of the frags started opening up. I did lose one or 2 of them though, my lights will be turning on in a few hours, once things start to open up I'll take a couple pictures.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back