Stratosphere Zoa

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So why is this particular zoa SO hard to find? I"ve spent the last month trying to find anyone even with it, much less for sale.

I've heard the are melters, slow growers, etc. But still even with that, should still be more people with them.

Really sucks when I have the cash ready and cannot find them. I'm apart of about 10 different facebook groups and 4 different forums and know some of the most famous names in the zoa community. Like JPS etc. He has them, but won't ship of course and doesn't frag that often.

Very aggravating. Searching so long and still coming up short.

Same thing with Adonis.

shawy2510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had them but melted away which seems like it has happened to alot of them, just like the GB Krakatoa, are they still about?

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some and they melted as well. Most people don't want to cut them because they are super sensitive and too expensive to risk losing. AquaASD had a 3 polyp piece In a recent live sale and hey offered it to me before they listed it because in on their wait list for the strat and they weren't willing to cut a polyp off for the same reason about being to sensitive (they sold for $750 for the 3polyps). Ouch!!!

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have heard they are more prone to dying/melting after being fragged. That's why reefers are scared to cut their mother colonies scared they will loose it.

And people who are taking a chance to frag their mother colonies are asking for a premium. That's why you see some 400 or 500 a polyp.

Even at that price one might loose their mother colony.

ALEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know Virna L Vazquez aka Liz ZoaGirl on Facebook has Stratospheres but last time i asked her she didn't have any for sale.

worleyxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag from a swap that a very well known website is calling poor man strays. They look very similar to a real strat but less defined, sorta like a pink elephant with its pattern. I spoke the the sales rep ahead of time which is the only reason I got it. They aren't releasing hem until macna or so they say.

worleyxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is no where near what a strat looks like.
I had mine for a while until i broke down my tank it was happy in a low nutrient tank it was starting to pop out babies when i sold it when i broke down my tank. It was the original one because i got mine from Will at asd

worleyxxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said it was an original strat, I said the booth I got from is calling them poor man strats and they are substantially less expensive than the real thing, less expensive than a WWC pink krak nowadays as well. Until the real things get back on the market this will have to do for my tank. Since I've had it the center has gone completely black with a yellow ring around the mouth. Not blended like the pic.

ALEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think they're gonna be around $500pp if someone has it avaiable. :( (i heard)
no hope for me to get one i guess

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back