ID Please!

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen this zoa since I've been in the hobby and have been anxiously awaiting for a positive ID. Can someone positively ID it? I'm awful at getting realistic colors because of operator error...:squigglemouth: This zoa is a VERY, VERY slow grower! I have had it for over 10 years and in just the past 2 years it seems to be budding babies:cheer2: It likes high light under my T-5's and I have had it as low as the sandbed with no noticeable color change. When I moved it to high light, that's when it took off! It's color has never faded and is simply a stunner! It is a microzoa:whoo: Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• BLUE & YELLOW ID PLEASE 002.jpg
    BLUE & YELLOW ID PLEASE 002.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 243

shrimplet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look like the coral kings blues clues. Amazing find ! Send me some :)

Fieryfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I looked at them on my phone, and didn't see the blue. If it is blue and not green, then it wouldn't be Radioactive Dragon Eyes.

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are NOT radioactive dragons'! I'm positive:bigsmile: I have those. These are BLUE, Very Blue! Hopefully more will respond! I've had a very good idea about which one they are (for about a year) but do not want to say just yet. Please, give me your thoughts zoa people! Thanks!!

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it on that big disk for? 10years is a long time for such little polyps.:/ nice zoa tho. Looks like the blues clues Zoa as we'll but not too sure. Do yours have a faint light light whiteish blue ring ?

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put it on the 3" disc about 4 months ago because the polyps were starting to head toward the underside, which I didn't want it to do. Hopefully they will grow on the disc:smile: I do not see a light whitish blue ring but my eyes are old.:squigglemouth: Thank you for your input!!

Neptunes Cove

rare collector corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like OG Blue Eyed Blondes
recently re-named Blues Clues (a name that was already taken back in 2004 tho...again)
they were the inspiration for the only zoa with a cuss word in the name..
-which are neither blue eyed... or blonde fringed....sadly...
Blue Eyed Blondes
and Tue "Blues Cues" zoas- darkblue ,with a lite blue "pawprint"- just like in the Kids show...

Attachments

• P1030216 - Copy.jpg
    P1030216 - Copy.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 184
  • BluesCluesZoasA1.jpg
    BluesCluesZoasA1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 190

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blues Clues are bright blue and will hold their color under most lighting and the skirt have to be yellow not green. If you didnt get them from me then they are not Blue Clues :).

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skirts are bright yellow. They are a bright blue with a darker blue mouth. They have never changed in color no matter what lighting I've had them under and whether on the sandbed, midway or high light. They were under MH and compacts for years. They are under T-5's and have been for several years.

Why do you say that if I didn't get them from you, that they cannot be Blues Clues? How long have you had your mother colony? Thanks!

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that the picture in the thread below is almost identical to mine. The skirt is the same color for sure. Also the small dark blue ring next to the skirt is the same as isthe darker blue mouth. From Coral King's picture, the only difference I see is the blue center of their's is a lighter blue but I'm wondering if it is due to lighting and/or the camera's settings (white balance, etc.)? Mine also grows as a dense mat whereas his does not appear to grow that way.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/co...nother-colony-my-limited-blue-clues-zoas.html

The pictures you provided Neptune's Cove does not look like mine. Maybe some day I can get a good representative picture and positive ID. All I know is that they are awesome! They are my slowest grower out of my collection. Maybe they will continue to grow faster now so that I can share them some day with other z's and p's lovers :0) Thanks everyone for looking and for your input!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back