24 Hour Live Sale Is Back....WWC Tax Time LIVE SALE!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was your card charged? Found out this was happening to me too about 12:30 last night, but had over $900 applied to both my PayPal and Credit Card. Seriously not sure if I am getting all the corals or having them returned to stock or if someone else won them.
Wow on mine they said no charges approved other than first two to wwc then denied third and placed hold on account/card

MicroPico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you WWC for another great sale. Great clear pics of awesome corals and some great prices. Will be there for your next sale. Reef on!

jareefer89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity do you remember the specific error message you were getting? If so we can re-word the error message in this situation to state "or check with your credit card company" in the future.
I Had the same issue it was something along the lines of "an error has occurred with the server please try to purchase again"

wish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I Had the same issue it was something along the lines of "an error has occurred with the server please try to purchase again"

This only happen to me when I used paypal and then I tried cc and it worked.
I didn't win corals until 7am.

Randyp79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna vent a little with a "its kinda funny after the fact" but madder than heck about hour ago when matter resolved........I won two little items yesterday in first 2 hours of sale then seemed to have gotten beat for remaining 22 hours straight!!!!!!

Now the irony ;-) @WWC ...lol...after the sale ended with bloodshot eyes and muttering wont ever do this again I got frustrated went directly to their site and tried purchaseing.....same message as during the sale.....for grins tried a different card....BOOM went right through.....OMG warning bells went off like tornado drill in my mind.

Got on the phone with card company I had been trying to use in vain for whole sale..........PUT ON TEMPORARY HOLD RIGHT AFTER FIRST TWO WINS (suspected fraudulent activity)

OMG I HAD BEEN THINKING AS A NEWBIE....'IM JUST GETTING BEAT' for 22 hours holy crud lol

The contact number they had on file was old...chuckle guess no worse for the wear except really really tired lol ;-)
Same thing happened to me except I won 3 auctions before card was inactivated due to suspected fraudulent activity. I didn't find out until I just went on walmart and had my groceries declined.

All of my info was correct, but they flagged it because of "too many attempted temporary authorizations", whatever that means!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so everyone knows how the system works payments are first authorized and then captured. So say you have 3 people trying to checkout with the same coral and they hit place order at almost identical times the server will try to process all 3 orders. It will then authorize payments on all 3 orders but because there is only 1 of the product in stock it can only finalize one order so that's the one it captures payment from and the other two are hit with a generic "an error has occurred with the server please try to purchase again" error message. So basically if you continue to lose corals all night you may have a bunch of authorizations on your card and your credit card company may put a hold on it.

To prevent this when live sales come around you can call your credit card company ahead of time and let them know you are about to partake in a live sale like this and they will not put a hold on your card.

Last edited:

Randyp79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so everyone knows how the system works payments are first authorized and then captured. So say you have 3 people trying to checkout with the same coral and they hit place order at almost identical times the server will try to process all 3 orders. It will then authorize payments on all 3 orders but because there is only 1 of the product in stock it can only finalize one order so that's the one it captures payment from and they other two are hit with a generic "an error has occurred with the server please try to purchase again" error message. So basically if you continue to lose corals all night you may have a bunch of authorizations on your card and your credit card company may put a hold on it.

To prevent this when live sales come around you can call your credit card company ahead of time and let them know you are about to partake in a live sale like this and they will not put a hold on your card.
You might want to include this info on the first page of your live sales from now on. Wasted a lot of time and lost a lot of sleep trying to buy corals that I had no chance of getting because your system put so many temporary authorizations on my card that it was flagged for fraud.

On another note, how do I pay for the shipping on the 3 corals I did win?

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to include this info on the first page of your live sales from now on. Wasted a lot of time and lost a lot of sleep trying to buy corals that I had no chance of getting because your system put so many temporary authorizations on my card that it was flagged for fraud.

On another note, how do I pay for the shipping on the 3 corals I did win?
Its not really our system but the way a lot of e-commerce payment processors work. And your right it should be in the first post but in the past it wasn't really a problem. I think the fact the server was running poorly compounded it. To pay for shipping just purchase a shipping unit on page 1.

jerrad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC before I get cracked out on eBay, will those ship with mine from the live sale or will I have to pay separate shipping? Had a blast, thanks!

Layllah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or god there's sales on eBay too?!

This is literally how I will die.

"Chick found dead in living room living in poverty yet next to an impressive saltwater tank- spent all her worldly belongings on coral but forgot to leave money for ramen."

thatguyZach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or god there's sales on eBay too?!

This is literally how I will die.

"Chick found dead in living room living in poverty yet next to an impressive saltwater tank- spent all her worldly belongings on coral but forgot to leave money for ramen."
Oh they have auctions that end EVERY Monday it's insane

Layllah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry if this was asked but I didn't see it in the 1st post- eBay auctions won will be combined to our standing website order? Or will we need to pay shipping on eBay as well separate? I imagine it's combinable but want to check @WWC ^.^

thatguyZach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry if this was asked but I didn't see it in the 1st post- eBay auctions won will be combined to our standing website order? Or will we need to pay shipping on eBay as well separate? I imagine it's combinable but want to check @WWC ^.^
Yeah they will be combined

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC before I get cracked out on eBay, will those ship with mine from the live sale or will I have to pay separate shipping? Had a blast, thanks!
You never have to pay two shipping charges if you have orders going into the same shipment. It's always one flat rate. If you already pay for shipping through one sales channel then just choose local pickup on the other. When the orders merge we will see the shipping payment on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back