4walls four walls, a 60g experience

4Walls

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I've been in and out of the hobby, most recently with a 120g Long reef set-up. That was broken down and sold off due to almost a years worth of deployments & TDY's. Upon returning I wanted something smaller, I purchased a 60g cube set-up. Sadly I just wasn't happy with the corner overflow and my placement options, so I sold it. Luckily I had also purchased a 2.5g set-up from the same guy, and used that. Next I tried out a JBJ 28 HQi that had been modified, I didn't care much for that either so I sold it and just stuck with the 2.5g.

One of my LFS was having their anniversary sale, they were offering 50% off Mr.Aqua tanks. Well at that price I was basically forced to upgrade, I went back and forth fighting with myself not to buy the 30g tank. I wound up settling on the 7g cube, since I basically already had the equipment to get it up and running and it wouldn't really need to cycle again. Fast forward a few months and I'm feeling the itch to expand, but I know I can't go "big" like I want too. I just don't want to break down my tank again for a deployment, and I need it to be manageable for my wife.

My friend actually bought the 30g, but he never wound up putting it to use. I offered him about what he paid for the tank, and now the project can begin. Originally I wanted to use this tank to set-up a shallow reef of sorts, but I quickly found myself wanting the height of the 60g. So I decided to compromise with myself and purchased a standard Marineland 60g cube, and will drill the back of it.

Here is the current set-up:
Mr Aqua 7.5g 12x12x12
AI Prime
Aquaclear 50 HOB filter(with rock & filter floss)
VicTsing 80gph pumps for flow
Aquatop 100w heater
Tunze Nano ATO

OP
OP
4Walls

4Walls

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the progress shots of the stand, tank is being drilled today. More pics to come :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back