87 gallon SPS and Zoa Reef

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my tank set up since July 23 2015. I now have a matching deep blue Kessil on the other side. I have some additional corals as well.
Lighting: aquatic life edge led, 2 Kessil deep ocean blue A150
Tank: Tetra 55 with cpr 90 overflow, 55 gallon sump with baffles for bubble trap, refugium, and return area. Sump operates at 13 inches which allows overflow from returns without spill.
Filtration: Skimmer is Aquamaxx CO1, 200 micron filter sock -14in, custom filter made from filter floss and filled with Seachem sea gel and purigen cut to width of sump and all water flows through after bubble trap. Chemipure Elite added Oct 2016.
Refugium: 90 lbs of recycled live rock from former tank and chaetomorpha under a wave point led.
Return and water motion: lifeguard aquatics 3000, switching current water device plumbed to each corner of display (doesn't work correctly), 1 maxi jet 1200, Koralia 1500, Koralia 3rd generation 2450 on a wave strip split left and right sides 30 second intervals.
Display: 50 lbs of gulf live rock, 50 lbs dry rock, agronnite sand
Fish: 1 powder brown tang, 5 green chromis, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 diamond goby.
Corals: green star polyps, orange and blue ricordea, blue green mushroom, tree leather, yellow stylophora, green monti capricornis, orange montipora capricornis, violet acro, green slimer, tricolor valadia, german blue monti digitada, pocilopora, dirty h@rry acro, frilly gorgonian, superman digi, Cali tort, magenta milipora, sunrise explosion mili, electric myagi tort, blue slimer, red robin stag, various zoanthids and palys and others that survived on the gulf rock including sponges and clams.
November 19th 2016:

Left Side FTS.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Josh King

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my tank set up since July 23 2015. I now have a matching deep blue Kessil on the other side. I have some additional corals as well.
Lighting: aquatic life edge led, 2 Kessil deep ocean blue A150
Tank: Tetra 55 with cpr 90 overflow, 55 gallon sump with baffles for bubble trap, refugium, and return area. Sump operates at 13 inches which allows overflow from returns without spill.
Filtration: Skimmer is Aquamaxx CO1, 200 micron filter sock -14in, custom filter made from filter floss and filled with Seachem sea gel and purigen cut to width of sump and all water flows through after bubble trap.
Refugium: 90 lbs of recycled live rock from former tank and chaetomorpha under a wave point led.
Return and water motion: lifeguard aquatics 3000, switching current water device plumbed to each corner of display, 2 Accela, 1 maxi jet 1200, and Koralia 1500 on a wave strip split left and right sides 30 second intervals.
Display: 50 lbs of gulf live rock, 50 lbs dry rock, agronnite sand
Fish: 1 powder brown tang, 5 green chromis, 1 bi color blenny, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 diamond goby, and a shark nose goby.
Corals: green star polyps, orange ricordea, blue green mushroom, tree leather, yellow stylophora, green monti capricornis, orange montipora capricornis, violet acro, green slimer, tricolor valadia, blue green monti digitada, pocilopora, dirty h@rry acro, frilly gorgonian and others that survived on the gulf rock.

image.jpeg

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of led strip light is that? are you happy with it? I'm planning on adding one to the T5s I've got running now. those Kessils you're running are super bright hows the growth since you added them? hope all has been well!

OP
OP
Josh King

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of led strip light is that? are you happy with it? I'm planning on adding one to the T5s I've got running now. those Kessils you're running are super bright hows the growth since you added them? hope all has been well!
The led strip is an Aquaticlife Edge. I like it, especially for $190. It has sunrise and sunset features along with a timer that has battery backup, set and forget. Alone It is not enough for sps and bright light loving species.
The Deep Ocean Blue A150 Kessils add great light in my opinion. The Edge is very white without them so it balances it out nicely. Some may think it's too blue, but I like that look of the actinic making the colors pop. The growth has been great from the Kessils. I just got back from 10 day vacation and everything seems to have grown. Cheers!

OP
OP
Josh King

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tricolor valadia, Harry's acro, German blue polyp digi, green slimer, green monti cap, electric myagi tort

image.jpeg

Back