A tad Disappointed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Neptune,

I was very pleased with your systems as my Apex Gold has re-energized my love for the hobby. But I have a Samsung Note 4 and come to learn that your Android Application does not do anything for me. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, redownloaded, etc. muliple times but I am unable to get passed the splash screen. I cannot add my device to sync it but it does allow me to go to your website instead.

I really hope someone has some help for me...but it appears many people on your Google Play Store reviews say the exact same thing as I did.

Your products are top notch and I just pray that one day you guys will do the same for the application.

Thanks!

ilovereefing <3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man...I have a Note 4 and I had the same problem. It took me a while to figure it out. Hold down the button to the left of the Home button...I don't know the name of it. It's the one you would usually use to close out all running programs. Hold it down while the app is open, the the options to Add and Search will pop up at the bottom of the screen. Hit Search, and your Apex should show up. Hope this helps!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong but since fusion came out im not sure they update the app anymore. Have you tried fusion yet?

OP
OP
ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man...I have a Note 4 and I had the same problem. It took me a while to figure it out. Hold down the button to the left of the Home button...I don't know the name of it. It's the one you would usually use to close out all running programs. Hold it down while the app is open, the the options to Add and Search will pop up at the bottom of the screen. Hit Search, and your Apex should show up. Hope this helps!
Dude you are a life saver!!!!

It worked lol. So many people giving this app horrible reviews because those instructions are not posted anywhere. I spent hours looking for a fix.

Thanks a lot man!!!

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well it found my apex but when i go to control and switch things on and off it doesn't respond....anything else i have to do or i am missing?

ilovereefing <3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well it found my apex but when i go to control and switch things on and off it doesn't respond....anything else i have to do or i am missing?

Which version of the app are you using? I noticed the earlier version of the app didn't have outlet control, but when I deleted it and installed again, I had outlet control. You just had to touch the bar under the heading "Outlets" that said "Control". Then there it was. It didn't seem to be a function that was available in the earlier version of the app.

ilovereefing <3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fusion is the ticket for full device control and programming. It keeps getting more and more great features added! I don't remember the last time I used the app.
Works great from most any web capable device!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I still use and love the app. Fusion is nice (and I'm connected to it), but I still prefer the app and logging into the controller directly. However I understand I'll be in the minority with those who like coding. I don't use fusion for much.

As for a webcam, I have a Dlink and it's on a separate app on my phone, and of course it's been added to the controller dashboard as well.

davejep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What they were having trouble with is the Apex app on their phones, which I believe is still in beta testing.

As for the iPhone version in the app store, it was last updated in 2013.
I am not sure that it is getting much if any updated support from Neptune.
I find I can do most everything I need to on Fusion.
The few things I need above and beyond, I log in with the controllers IP address and do from the older web based version.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back