AI Primes on Red Sea Max C-Series 250

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am looking to upgrade the lighting on my Red Sea 250. I was looking at he AI Primes and wonder how many do I need for my tank? (2) or (3)?

Hi

This is Reef LED Lights, we manufacture the Sirius XTC and offer DIY Kits.

The AI Prime has only 8 Primary Grow LEDs 3 XPG Cool Whites, 3 Royal Blue and only 2 400-420nm LEDs...

You would need at least three to give you the minimum 100 PAR on the sand bed. This is fine for Softies, Zoas and some low light LPS.

For SPS, Clams and Anemones I like to see 200 PAR on the sand bed with a natural sunrise and sunset. Two of our Sirius XTC would work but its a bit over kill as it was designed for a larger deeper tank. Two Hydra 57s or Two Radions would give you enough for SPS.

Back in the Day...very few tried to grow SPS with anything less than the intensity of a 400 watt MH...

Hope this helps

Bill

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

The AI Prime has only 8 Primary Grow LEDs 3 XPG Cool Whites, 3 Royal Blue and only 2 400-420nm LEDs...

You would need at least three to give you the minimum 100 PAR on the sand bed. This is fine for Softies, Zoas and some low light LPS.

For SPS, Clams and Anemones I like to see 200 PAR on the sand bed with a natural sunrise and sunset. Two of our Sirius XTC would work but its a bit over kill as it was designed for a larger deeper tank. Two Hydra 57s or Two Radions would give you enough for SPS.

Back in the Day...very few tried to grow SPS with anything less than the intensity of a 400 watt MH...

Hope this helps

Bill

Very helpful for me. :) thank you

OP
OP
Havens_Reef_Aquarium

Havens_Reef_Aquarium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Hope this helps

Bill
Thank you‼

vdigiorgio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two AI hydra 26's would be more than enough for that tank.. You will be able to grow any coral under those lights. ://premiumaquatics.com/products/ai-hydra-26-hd-led-module-white.html or one hydra 52

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are growing SPS and have a tank 24" and Deeper we recommend the Sirius XTC...The Maxspect is ok for softies and low light corals but it is weak in the 410-450nm range compared to the XTC

vdigiorgio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no on the maxspect. if you ever plan on sps it wont be enough and youll be spending more money.
here is what i would look at
one kessil ap700 http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ap700-led-lighting-panel-kessil.html

two kessil a360w-e http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/kessil-a360w-tuna-blue-led-aquarium-light.html
(but by the time you buy two and the controller your at the ap700 price and the ap has more light output and controllability.)

Two AI Hydra 26HD http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hydra-twentysix-hd-black-aqua-illumination.html
(or)
one AI hydra 52 hd http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hydra-fiftytwo-hd-white-aqua-illumination.html

you could also do one ecotech radion but im just not a fan of these lights.. ive had experience with all these lights and can say the kessils will give you the best color and shimmer. and you can grow any type of coral under them..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back