Another "Apex Fusion Disconnected" Thread...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kaigoss69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry in advance because I see this topic has been posted quite a lot, but the usual fixes have not worked for me. I had Fusion set-up successfully and it was working for a few weeks, including live camera feed, but yesterday the main circuit breaker tripped and the system ran long enough until the UPS lost power. When I reset the house breaker, the Apex booted up with Dec. 27 2008 Date, and the dreaded "No Comm" message. I can access the Apex through the local IP address, but the Fusion website has the pop-up that says it is disconnected. Funny enough though, in the background the data and came feed are live, but I cannot access the dashboard.

I have tried resetting the Apex and the Airport Express router it is connected to but it didn't help. Anyone have any ideas?

I also would like to know if - if everything is working normal - the Apex should reset the date and time automatically once power is restored? - I have that setting checked in the configuration, but it has never worked.

Thanks in advance.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to make sure I understand... you can log on using "http://apex" but without the quotes?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply. I can log on with the local IP 10.1.0.50 and access locally, and at http://apexfusion.com I am getting the disconnect message, but live data shows in background.
Well.... that is interesting.

On the fusion webpage you have your Apex list. When you mouse of the orange setting wheel for your apex what do you get under information for both user and link?

OP
OP
K

kaigoss69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what it looks like.

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 10.17.22 AM.png

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply. I can log on with the local IP 10.1.0.50 and access locally, and at http://apexfusion.com I am getting the disconnect message, but live data shows in background.
Oh, and I believe the time updates every 18 hrs on it's own.

OP
OP
K

kaigoss69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.... that is interesting.

On the fusion webpage you have your Apex list. When you mouse of the orange setting wheel for your apex what do you get under information for both user and link?

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 10.21.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 10.21.45 AM.png

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the network set-up

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 10.24.51 AM.png
Unless you have something odd going on with your network the first 3 numbers of your controllers IP address should match your Gateway and DNS server addresses.
Are you sure your gateway is 192.168.1.1?

OP
OP
K

kaigoss69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm.... Are you sure something other than your live feed is updating in the background?

Not sure I understand the question...pH and Temp are updating live, as well as the camera feed, but I can't get past the "Apex disconnected" pop up.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I understand the question...pH and Temp are updating live, as well as the camera feed, but I can't get past the "Apex disconnected" pop up.
Your camera feed uses a different network path so it doesn't surprise me that it is still working. Don't understand why your pH and Temp are updating unless it is showing historical data. :confused:

Can you run ipconfig from your command prompt and verify your gateway address? I really think you are set up on a 10.0.1.xxx and not a 192.168.1.xxx

OP
OP
K

kaigoss69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your camera feed uses a different network path so it doesn't surprise me that it is still working. Don't understand why your pH and Temp are updating unless it is showing historical data. :confused:

Can you run ipconfig from your command prompt and verify your gateway address? I really think you are set up on a 10.0.1.xxx and not a 192.168.1.xxx

Hmmm, you are correct sir. Gateway came back as 10.0.1.1. Funny though that it was working before like that...

So do I just change the Gateway, or also DNS servers?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, you are correct sir. Gateway came back as 10.0.1.1. Funny though that it was working before like that...

So do I just change the Gateway, or also DNS servers?
Change the gateway and both DNS servers. Hopefully this will work. Something odd may have happened when the power was lost and it didn't recover that data correctly.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back