F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't eating. *

Yea. It is what it is.

Any recommendations on getting it to eat if it were healthy?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Movement. They like to go after food that is moving, whether it's live or moving in a current.

+1 They go nuts over live blackworms. I've also had exceptionally good luck feeding new anthias just pellets. I use NLS, but LFS I advise (and trust) swears by Sustainable Aquatics Hatchery Diet pellets to get anthias & wrasses eating.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last fish still alive. Seems to be eating frozen cyclops. Swimming into the current. Looks healthy. Just malnutrition.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last fish still alive. Seems to be eating frozen cyclops. Swimming into the current. Looks healthy. Just malnutrition.

Good deal. I'm sorry about the rest. Hopefully you can get this one fattened up and healthy, then try to get him a friend or two.

OP
OP
F

Fenzinna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal. I'm sorry about the rest. Hopefully you can get this one fattened up and healthy, then try to get him a friend or two.

Unfortunately, it is what it is. I probably won't order anymore of these because of how many casualties it's caused. Definitely makes me feel like crap and not doing my part in making this hobby sustainable.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, it is what it is. I probably won't order anymore of these because of how many casualties it's caused. Definitely makes me feel like crap and not doing my part in making this hobby sustainable.

I would try again. Just don't use CP on anthias again. We only learn by doing. ;)

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, I've had great success lately feeding anthias frozen fish eggs and mixing in mysis I got from my LFS. They seem to love the movement of chasing them down in the current. I am sorry for your loss of them, my last few attempts with anthias have seen similarly frustrating - it's only until this last round that Im finally having success.

All of my other's were lost to Velvet though. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry for your loss, you tried everything.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back