Apex eb8 malfunctioning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple weeks ago noticed my lights turned off in the middle of the day, wasn't able to immediately address the issue and it eventually corrected itself. But that should never happen because the lights are programmed Fallback on set on, since they have their own controllers independent of the Apex.

FFD to today, i see the lights are off mid day again. Check fusion which is telling me that those light outlets are on. Check eb8 the green light on the eb8 is off. I see that the outlet where the eb8 is plugged into has power, because something else that is plugged into that wall outlet is working.

I hit the gfci test button and restarted it. Then it all came back on like it should. I checked aquabus cables connected to this eb8 and all look brand new so I don't think it has to do with that.

Tonight i come home a few minutes ago, and i see all the lights completely off again, and i see some flashes of light. So like the outlets are all off but turning on for fraction of a second randomly. Check eb8 and the green light is on, appears to be working normal. Went through fusion and everything seems normal.

Not sure what's up with this. Any help and any suggestions to check out would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't the eb8 status light remain on but turn orange if the power was plugged in but it wasn't connecting?

The status light goes completely off. Yet my pm1 that is connected only to that eb8, remains working.

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a old post but my eb8 fried my pm1 pm2 and the hand held. same issue no green light non of the outlets worked anymore i hit the reset botton but nothing... i contacted neptune yesterday and i havent hurd back from them at all... if we spend so much money on these systems why are they meaning neptune soo slow on helping us most of these systems are 500 and up but just to get them to send a ra to fix these systems is a problem.. im getting tired of this kind behavior toward consumers who spends lots of money on systems like this its ridiculous!!!!!! Im just waiting for them to tell me some garbage bout water damage because my system is in a closet with no water in it!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seriously debating tearing the tank down that it is used on so I haven't even ordered a replacement yet. heaters are running old school into the wall for now.

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well im going to call them tomorrow i dont want to hear crap about looking into it i want all of it replaced funny thing i have a m1 and it malfunctioned i called ecotech with in 2 days i had a new m1!!! With no problem

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is 1 of the reasons i will NOT buy 1 of their return pumps when they brain go down and they taking days just to call you back your hole tank will be lost

concretepumper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm have a issue with my eb8 also I've contacted they with no reply not happy!!!!!

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i hope you guys aren't going to lay down about this cause its getting out of hand

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kurt Grant - The Neptune Support team guys are usually pretty good at replying in a timely manner. Did you check your email spam/junk filter?

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sending you all the information you asked for today... i have 1 question you wanted me to send pics of the pm1 pm2 eb8 burned it was burned inside of the module how am i suppose to send you pics of that!??? Im going by 1 the smell 2 the connectivity lights are off on the pm1/2 and eb8 the hand held blanked out the eb8 is humming plus the smell of burned wires.. i spoken to 1 of your rep yesterday and i told him i took my pm1 from my jr to use for my new build and i got a classic and he told me if its 1 year warranty is out then nothing can be done but if my "NEW" eb8 caused it is that my fault? It was working fine tell i connect my "NEW"eb8 to it... but ill send all the info to you today!!!

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sending you all the information you asked for today... i have 1 question you wanted me to send pics of the pm1 pm2 eb8 burned it was burned inside of the module how am i suppose to send you pics of that!???
you should send such questions to Neptune tech support.

I am not a Neptune tech support agent - I was just asking about a possible reason you might not have seen emails from the Neptune help desk.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back