OP
OP
P

president89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Internal Parasites - White poop and getting skinny. Looking for an answer to the skimmer question. I think it's uncommon to actually dose a tank with a skimmer, so I haven't been able to find info.

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Internal Parasites - White poop and getting skinny. Looking for an answer to the skimmer question. I think it's uncommon to actually dose a tank with a skimmer, so I haven't been able to find info.

You should shut off the skimmer, but I wouldn't use that for internal parasites. Use metro in food, prazi pro in food or Dr G's medicated foods.

OP
OP
P

president89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think treating the water would be the best. Fish drink the water they swim in. Medicated food can be very hit or miss.

OP
OP
P

president89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I dosed the general cure per the directions. Changed water, redosed, changed water again per the instructions. I didn't run carbon to remove. Then I fed the fish some topdressed pellets with metro. Basically NLS pellets, top dressed with seachem metro, seachem focus, with some fish oil to bind it. The fish are still dying. I'm wondering if I over medicated them... This is a clownfish growout with a couple hundred fish.

OP
OP
P

president89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No visible symptoms...Just getting skinny, rapid breathing and death. I suppose I can. Look closer, but I hadn't seen anything that made me think otherwise.

OP
OP
P

president89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish are 1" so it is hard to see symptoms. I'll keep an eye on them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back