Apple Watch users- have you tried out the ESL app on it yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple Watch users- have you tried out the ESL app on it yet?

If so, what is one feature you'd love to see added in the future?

ecosmart-live-apple-watch2.jpg

http://reefbuilders.com/2015/08/19/ecosmart-live-ecosystem-apple-watch-integration/

go29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it wrong that I get more excited about this than any normal person should [HASHTAG]#ReefNerd[/HASHTAG] :)

Last edited:

Vanmo92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall I am very impressed with the apple watch, especially given that its a Gen 1 product. That being said in its current implementation all watch apps rely on the iPhone to do all the processing. It really limits the usefulness of all watch apps including ecosmart live, if I have to have my phone right there running the app anyway. On Wednesday WatchOS2 is scheduled for release and that will give EcoTech developers a lot more flexibility with what they can do with it. Although in its current form it works exactly as advertised! While I'm glad they had an app out right out of the gate I think the best it yet to come!
IMG_2270.jpg
[/URL]

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my watch recently and use it a fair bit if we have visitors round to show off the lights and demo modes... The feed mode is a cool option but let's face it it's only as good as the iPhone app... Fingers crossed the app becomes a little more like ESL at some point now that would be great. An alarm to remind you about feeding as some fish need regular feeding... Stall alerts for the pumps via the watch... Power failure alert... and so on...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back