Aptasia on back of rockwork

Squadir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any ideas on how to destroy an aptasia on the back of my rockwork without breaking it down? (it is several pieces epoxied together) got some new frags on the rocks and dont wanna move them around too much unless I really have to (they are just starting back to color up and polyp extension is great finally). its in the most difficult spot to get to... right between the back glass and a piece of rock, like 2-3 inches space to work with but he's kinda far down.... peppermint has no interest unfortunately.
! ....... [[[]]]]
! .. [[[[]]]]]]]]
! ..... * [[[[]]]]]]
! .... [ [[[[]]]
----------------------

! = back glass [ ]= rock *= aptasia ....= water

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try another peppermint shrimp perhaps? These are actually very easy to catch once the job is done. Now that you have two though, they'll most likely spawn and provide the tank with free food on a regular basis.

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would a laser work if the Aiptasia is on the back of the rockwork? I forget what there called, but I guess it's possible if the side of the tank was against the wall and it extended out. Then again, maybe not. It kind of depends on how the rockwork is set up. Did you paint that black/blue background on?
If removing the rock isn't a problem, just burn it off with a cigarette lighter. GL.

Last edited:

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had the best luck using a kalkwasser paste...i tried the peppermint shrimp and they just ate scraps of food and picked on my starfish. just use a little kalk and mix it with tank water until its looks like toothpaste. use a syringe or turkey baster (or something small as you do not need a ton of the stuff) to shoot them with (i usually just shove it right into their mouth and just blast them) not too much kalk though as it may cause an unwanted spike in your parameters.

OP
OP
Squadir

Squadir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that laser looks very interesting but I'm pretty sure i'll have some issues with Customs if I try to ship that to myself.
I'll try to see if I can probably get to pull the entire rock forward and hit him with some aptasia x, kalk paste or boil him with hot water. hopefully the structure stays in one pice if I move it :)
thanks again guys. :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had an Aiptasia in the tank for about 1.5 months. The Aiptasia-x works. I have to go on a killing spree today to get a bunch of the little buggers.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back