ATI Powermodule Lunar Cycle

De Michieli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just ordered my ATI Powermodule and remember reading that you can do the lunar cycle with it. The problem is now I cant find anything on it. Does anyone know how to do this/ tips? I am not looking to do just a basic moon light.

Joel B in FL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent ATI an email about this last week. There statement was that light studio would not allow for a true lunar cycle. The option they gave me was to create multiple profiles and just change the profile every week. So you would have three or more profiles, one being no moonlight, one being slight moonlight, one being a little more moonlight and so on.

I also asked if there was any plan on updating light studio to perform lunar cycles and they stated they did not believe there was as the engineers in Germany didn't see a real need for this function.

They did tell me one cool thing I could do. Since I am running the 60" module I could program the four clusters to have the moon rise on one side of the tank and then move across the sky and set on the opposite. Would be kinda cool but don't know if I want to have multiple profiles that I have to change out every few days to accomplish it though.

OP
OP
De Michieli

De Michieli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the having to change it every few weeks is kinda disappointing. That does not seem like something that would be that hard to program in. The 4 light idea is nice (got the 60 inch as well) and I think I'm going to try and do that to at least give it some kind of sweeping motion. Over all I am really excited to get it in and start programming it. I plan to just run leds as the tank gets cycled.

Joel B in FL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really impressed with mine so far. I am going with three blue plus and one purple plus bulbs and the color is really, really, nice. I just have to fine tune the leds to get the right color blend between the all of the bulbs. But overall I love the light. My only complaint is the lunar cycle but that is not a big deal to me. I will figure something out. At worst I will get the lunar module from apex and run that to get the true cycle if I find I really want it.

OP
OP
De Michieli

De Michieli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunar module from apex??? I will have to look into that. I went with 2 blue plus a purple plus and coral plus. The lunar thing was something I was really excited about I have my tank come on at 5pm so it would be nice to see the lunar a little when I'm getting ready in the morning. In the programming of the light can you set it up for different days? or is it the only can be set for 1 24 hr period at a time. Basically I can't say Monday I want the light to come on at 3 Tuesday 5 and stuff like that without plugging in my laptop to it correct?

Joel B in FL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not entirely sure how the setup works with the apex lunar module. I do not know if you could do individual days or not.

Joel B in FL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sorry. Yea the ATI can only be set based on a 24 hour period. There are no deviations based on day of week, or at least I have not figured out how to do that.

Back