Bayer insecticide as a coral dip

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are these stuff safe to use in the reef tank ? this way we could get rid all the red bugs in the tank
or should I take the corals out and treat them in a separate container

been using Revive, coralRx, seachem reef dip coral disinfectant - none work for me on red bug

if this stuff works, then I have to thanks God that I have found Christ
thanks

Tone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take them out and dip them...use interceptor for a full tank treatment..

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks a bunch. i am heading to Walmart for bayer advanced complete insect killer now.

rsav

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read online that redbugs do not cause much harm and are more of a nuisance This coral has been covered in them for a while. Revive dip did nothing, they came back stronger. However, the coral still has PE and grows well even after being completely infested. Took this pic today. It has had red bugs for at least a month since I started taking macro pics. I contemplated using interceptor or bayer on the whole tank, but I don't want to put drugs or insecticide in my aquarium.

red-bug-hive.jpg

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read online that redbugs do not cause much harm and are more of a nuisance This coral has been covered in them for a while. Revive dip did nothing, they came back stronger. However, the coral still has PE and grows well even after being completely infested. Took this pic today. It has had red bugs for at least a month since I started taking macro pics. I contemplated using interceptor or bayer on the whole tank, but I don't want to put drugs or insecticide in my aquarium.

red-bug-hive.jpg

The bugs will eventually irritate the corals til it starts to stress or not feed. Lose tissue or just die from starvation. And if you leave them untreated they will most certainly spread.
You canot treat your whole tank with bayer. Only with interceptor. Get some bayer and put that frag in 2 cups of saltwater from the tank and put 10ml of bayer and stir it for 10 minutes. You should almost completely eradicate them in one dip. Wait a week and do it again. Your coral will thank you.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redbugs will most likely come back unless corals are QT and the DT allowed to go acroless so the bugs die off. If you just take them out and dip and put back in they can get reinfested if any bugs are on the rock or elsewhere

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intercepter will get rid of the redbugs. It wont harm your corals. I had them bad. One dose then wait two weeks and do another. Never had them since.

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. I have a bunch of zaos & acan lord pieces come in next week. Can I dip the with this stuff? What corals cant you dip in this?

Thank you.

fragmatic

retired reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip my flower pots and groni in Bayer and they never complained. This one opens up about the size of a head of lettuce and was open like that the next morning after I purchased, dipped, and placed in my tank.

groni.jpg

groni.jpg

Last edited:
Back