Beautiful Quoyi Parrot Fish Pair !

vincentthai.vo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving my reef safe parrot fish pair ! Super beautiful !

8a20a511168459e19a12da0c47bc53de.jpg

EDO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought parrot fish love to chew on SPS.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous fish!

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my understanding it's not so much the coral they eat eats the rock /algea and at time could mean a piece of coral. I love these guys just wished they would be just a tad bit more on the territorial or aggressive side. Mine used to get punked by my tiny bi color blenny all the time. Then eventually I introduced a cleaner wrasse to my tank that harassed him till he killed him. I miss my parrot fish.

floridafinestreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are princess parrot fish they are reef safe with caution because they like to chew on stony corals with their plate teeth to dig out the algae that may be growing in them they don't necessarily just go and eat your corals

OP
OP
vincentthai.vo

vincentthai.vo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are princess parrot fish they are reef safe with caution because they like to chew on stony corals with their plate teeth to dig out the algae that may be growing in them they don't necessarily just go and eat your corals

No they are quoyi parrot fish

Ben jammin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they are Scarus quoyi. Gorgeous fish, but I have not had luck keeping them in my FOWLR. In my experience they tend to be fairly passive. They didn't get bullied by my other fish, but I don't think they got enough to eat either. They are a heavy bodied fish that requires a good amount of food, large chunks. They just couldn't compete in my tank and eventually passed. I have a lot of algae on my rocks but they never really grazed at all. Too bad, as they are my favorites.

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they are Scarus quoyi. Gorgeous fish, but I have not had luck keeping them in my FOWLR. In my experience they tend to be fairly passive. They didn't get bullied by my other fish, but I don't think they got enough to eat either. They are a heavy bodied fish that requires a good amount of food, large chunks. They just couldn't compete in my tank and eventually passed. I have a lot of algae on my rocks but they never really grazed at all. Too bad, as they are my favorites.
I wished food was my case. Mine ate a ton. He was first at the nori stick and probably ate more than my tangs or angels. It's his passive nature that was the cause of death. Dang little cleaner wrasse.

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to tell you...Im in Turks and Caicos on my honeymoon and went snorkeling today (apparently its the third largest reef in the world)...and the size of the Queen Parrot's we saw was amazing. They were close to a foot long and probably 3-5 pounds easily.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.1%
Back