Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

• Yes

• No

• I'm treating my tank with it now.

• I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

brilovescats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is starting tonight. I'm terrified, so wish me luck. If anyone needs it, it's this tank.
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2192.JPG

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, today is the dose no 6 but I still can see my dinos reproducing but my bubble algae is dying and my corals look happier but I dont realy think its doing something for dinos, did you make water changes during adding Vibrant ? How much doses it took to get rid of them? I have ostreopsis ovata :(
@Jolanta, I'm sorry not to be of more encouragement, as ours did go pretty quickly; within the first few doses. We started back up with water changes after the strands were no longer visible. As I mentioned we do have Ostreo species, but I don't think O. ovata, as our did not seem to be toxic. We continue to dose Vibrant as maintenance still. Feel free to PM me directly if you have any questions, and I'll answer if I can. (So we don't hijack this thread.) :p Wishing you luck!!!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is starting tonight. I'm terrified, so wish me luck. If anyone needs it, it's this tank.
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2192.JPG
That's some "wicked thick" stuff!

Tagging along for your ride :) and "Good Luck".

Please keep us updated with pictures.

Regards, GoVols

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2192.JPG
It would help kill it faster or maybe without a second dose needed if you pulled as much of that as you could before dosing. Best of luck to you !

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of those were added as soon as I put the poll up, even before I had completed my full treatment.
I can't help but feel like NONE of the "no" votes are true in the sense that they actually dosed and it failed or they tried to treat an algae other than bryopsis or green hair algae and it didn't work. Otherwise they would share what happened with us.

Yes a few needed a second dose do to either being hair algae and not bryopsis since ha tends to take longer to die or their tank was overly infested with it that one dose just wasn't enough. In that case they would still be waiting on the results.

Therefore, IMO this treatment is a 100% success!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2192.JPG
I really can't wait to see your results, if for no other reason because I want to see what's under that big glob of fuzzy green haha! You're going to be doing the happy dance before you know it :D

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help but feel like NONE of the "no" votes are true in the sense that they actually dosed and it failed or they tried to treat an algae other than bryopsis or green hair algae and it didn't work. Otherwise they would share what happened with us.

Yes a few needed a second dose do to either being hair algae and not bryopsis since ha tends to take longer to die or their tank was overly infested with it that one dose just wasn't enough. In that case they would still be waiting on the results.

Therefore, IMO this treatment is a 100% success!

I agree.....There hasn't been a report yet of anyone having bryopsis that Flucon couldn't clear out.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank last week, come on a lot in a week of treatment.

20170222_155748.jpg
Looks like yours is green hair algae. It can take longer to die. Might need a second dose but you should wait until day 21 to be sure you need it. If you can get some Mexican turbos it'll also help speed things along. If you're skimming I also suggest turning it down as low as you can and remove the cup for at least a week after dosing.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted no. I am on day 18 and I still have Bryosis. It decreased it by about 60% and made some of it easy to scrape off. I think it is probable I over estimated water displacement of my rock, so underdosed the tank. And my skimmer collected slime even though I turned it down, so perhaps removed some medication. I am considering redosing. A friend whom is a doctor (non hobbyist) has been chatting with me about this experiment and he thinks it is worth redosing to eradicate if noticable improvement was made. I think this is a miracle cure. However, I have had neomeris in my tank go crazy at times, and the population just boomed with this treatment. So I am considering bleaching the tank to kill neomeris annulata.

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back