Bubble Tip Anemone Won't Eat

Noliveri22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey im having trouble with my buble tip know he was moving around alot so i let him b but now hes all shrivled up in my cave im afraid hes gunna die

bpark32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey im having trouble with my buble tip know he was moving around alot so i let him b but now hes all shrivled up in my cave im afraid hes gunna die

Mine was found like this on Saturday morning. Shriveled up, slime crap coming out of him...two hours later, he was vibrant and full of life again. No idea. I said screw it. If I find him on the sandbed, I'll pull him, but for now, not much to do but wait n see.

Sent from my Sourcerized GNex using Tapatalk 2

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was found like this on Saturday morning. Shriveled up, slime crap coming out of him...two hours later, he was vibrant and full of life again. No idea. I said screw it. If I find him on the sandbed, I'll pull him, but for now, not much to do but wait n see.

An anemone that is dying is one of the worst things to have in your tank, they release their nematocysts (stinging cells) into the water column and will cause a huge spike in nitrates and phosphates. This can cause a lot of other things to die in your tank. I lost a bunch of zoas and sticks from a declining anemone last year.

Last edited:

bpark32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looked like a P.O.S. for a couple days, n came back, full and healthy lookin...bta's are just weird creatures, I think.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had to feed my bta, I started with five an DIY has multiply to 30 at one point and I don't even spot feed them.

bpark32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody ever have shrimp mess with their bta? My skunk, and banded both peck at it...it's open, looks happy....but they mess with it. ???

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my bible tip has been doing well for quite awhile...ate yesterday, and appeared to be happy. This is what I found this morning...
uploadfromtaptalk1354463454369.jpg

Wondering if I should remove it or wait it out.

Whatever happened with this anem?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 142 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.0%
Back