OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bro, will get erythromycin today itself. Erythro dosage recomendations?

20 mg per gallon.

Repeat dosage every 24 hours, doing a 25% water change before every other dose i.e. every 48 hours.

Treat for up to 10 days.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, just read through this whole thread, of course read the same questions over and over, but hey it was worth it haha. Great information, something I really wish I had found prior to starting. I've tried TTM, and I really don't like it. I'd much rather try something like this with an extra tank I have laying around. Seems much easier to get some filter sponges seeded and have a nice cycled hospital QT tank running to medicate as needed. I'll have to see if my vet will write me a script for it so I can do this for my remaining fish list. Great info, thanks everyone who is contributing!

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 mg per gallon.

Repeat dosage every 24 hours, doing a 25% water change before every other dose i.e. every 48 hours.

Treat for up to 10 days.
Hey, after adding erithromycin, it started moving around like crazy, jus saw now its dead... :(

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, after adding erithromycin, it started moving around like crazy, jus saw now its dead... :(

Did you do a WC/run carbon to remove Furan before dosing erythromycin? Might have been a contraindication.

bufettphan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried locating some Chloroquine Phosphate today and it can't be had locally. Either my pharmacies don't carry it or their suppliers don't have any and it's on back order (saying it can't be filled). I also called 1800petmeds and Drs Foster and Smith...no dice.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

bufettphan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet thanks. I don't think my vet will have an issue writing me a scritp...eventhough his suggestion for ich was basically rid ich. :(

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jus a wc. Also it had been 48hrs of dosing furan 2.

Erythromycin is a pretty mild antibiotic; it has even been used in the past as the active ingredient in "reef safe" cyanobacteria treatments. So I doubt it, in and of itself, killed your fish. :confused:

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erythromycin is a pretty mild antibiotic; it has even been used in the past as the active ingredient in "reef safe" cyanobacteria treatments. So I doubt it, in and of itself, killed your fish. :confused:
Hmm.. it was sad to see her go..[emoji20]

familiar1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started CP treatment on 6 lyretail anthias about a week ago.

I am worried because one anthias, who was originally showing ich, hasn't been eating for about 2 weeks and others have stopped eating as well in the course of treatment. I have 1 or 2 that are still eating well. Ammonia has been an issue, I have been doing large (75%) water changes every 2-3 days and dosing ammolock. What do you think the best way to proceed is? Should i abandon treatment to try to get them eating again and get ammonia under control, should i keep up with the treatment and continue with water changes/ammolock, or could something else be causing them to not eat?

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish i could get some of this. When i asked my vet about it (we only have 2 vets in over 100 miles) they had no idea what i was talking about. Theyve never even treated fish. Guess im stuck with copper.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@familiar1985 I recommend you remove CP from the water, get the fish eating again, and then treat with copper for ich. There are too many hit or miss anecdotal experiences regarding anthias & CP. I'm putting them on the "Do not use with CP" list until I can do further experimentation.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@familiar1985 I recommend you remove CP from the water, get the fish eating again, and then treat with copper for ich. There are too many hit or miss anecdotal experiences regarding anthias & CP. I'm putting them on the "Do not use with CP" list until I can do further experimentation.
fwiw, I ran a couple batches of lyretails through cp. But I had them eating aggressively before starting cp, and had 4-5 foods, including live foods.
I used a establish quarantine tank, with no bio-filter issues.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fwiw, I ran a couple batches of lyretails through cp. But I had them eating aggressively before starting cp, and had 4-5 foods, including live foods.
I used a establish quarantine tank, with no bio-filter issues.

I've had similar success running various anthias thru CP. So has a LFS I advise. However, enough "mystery deaths" have cropped up on this forum to give me pause. I won't feel comfortable recommending using CP on anthias again until after I've successfully run several batches of them thru it. Don't want the fish (or peoples' hard earned money) being laid to waste due to erroneous information.

Outdrsyguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a batch of 6 lyretail anthias during cp. none lived. Had an ammonia badge that never showed an issue on my 55 g qt. Couple died from bacterial infection and the rest from unknown causes. They were not eating well though. This is all slightly anecdotal of course but the last batch I had seven anthias and used the TT M method for quarantine. This batch also had two or three with a bacterial infection, however I was able to treat it quickly with the proper medicine and ended up only losing one out of seven fish. Personally I'm a huge fan of TTM with anthias now. Although it is a lot more of a pain.

Legonch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 sunbursts. Did two rounds of prazi, with associated water changes. Added CP on the 29th of November. Did a water change on the 7th, and added back the correct amount of CP. Fish not eating, one anthia died (looked beat up also from other anthias) Added carbon, did a 20 percent water change, fish still not eating. However they are swimming around.

Last qt batch of Sunbursts I had I ran copper due to having two wrasse in qt. They all made it fine, never lost the appetite. These current fish were eating like pigs until day 7 of CP. Now cant get them to eat. ugh!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back