Cleaning hard to reach areas

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

So I usually use hot water and brushes to clean equipment but as I'm using a temporary tank I'm going to use my HOB over flow and there are some spots simply unreachable. What is a reef are cleaning product to get to these areas and help dissolve these?
So far vinegar has been mostly what I have seen people say.

Thank you!

cca4ddf43ff42674a6ad4f99bbd6b320.jpg

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup looks like calcium build up/coraline so vinager would be your best bet. Might take a couple soaks to totally dissolve it

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4-5% vinager is fine so any vinager you buy for the kitchen. Be careful soaking rubber parts for to long because the acid can start to eat at it. Plastic and acrylic are fine.

eyesinthedrk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just trying to clean a cpr over flow this weekend. I noticed that while the coralline was still purple, the vinager did nothing but make my kitchen smell like a pickle factory.

Old dead white coraline it will react pretty good and dissolve it away.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP if vinegar is not working the a solution of muriatic acid could be more effective but more dangerous to work with. Vinegar is pretty much benign.

White vinegar from the store is fine. Don't soak any rubber gaskets, such as those in the Vortech wetsides, it will cause them to stretch out.

OP
OP
Bryan47

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have vinegar and that worked decently. Just using the overflow temporarily. I've used muriatic acid to clean rock and that stuff is no joke lol

Back