Coral beauty help!

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my cb I think is in trouble his abdomen is real fat and his mouth is moving rapidly. He is hiding sideways and won't move until I made him move. I have a video I will try to post.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can repost in that forum if you want me to
No need, it should be moved shortly.

Unfortunately, this one is beyond me. :( The 2 individuals I linked above are true experts and have treated more fish than I have ever seen. I'm sure they would both find it helpful if you could get that video linked or post pictures.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread moved.

Do you happen to know if he's a deep water Coral Beauty? His colors would be more brilliant, plus you would have paid more. I'm wondering if he could have a gas bubble in his swim bladder.

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get a pic hold on his colors are great no spots or any thing like that. I paid $30 for him I've had him about 2 weeks. All my other fish are healthy and swimming about water tested fine.
IMG_0648.JPG

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a photo showing the fat abdomen?

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He usually hides in the rocks and swims and hides somewhere else when he sees us. When I got home from work he was tucked in a tight spot laying on his side I coaxed him out and the swam really weird dragging his abdomen across the sand. That's when I noticed he was really fat or swollen and the pic I posted is where he ended up. His mouth is moving kinda rapi

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks pretty bad in that picture. Have you seen him poop at all? Can you do the FW dip like shown in the video?

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0654.JPG
Not tonight I can't I don't have the right equipment I'm stressing right now... no I haven't seen him poop but here is a pic of his underside the hole is very large

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I left for work this morning he was fine looked slim and healthy when I got home he looked like this I'm really sad right now

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boiled and skinned pea? I doubt it will help but I feel so bad for the poor little guy. :(

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will study up and may try it tomorrow....I made a pea soup for him and fed directly into his mouth using a syringe with no needle maybe just constipated

Back