CTARS February Meeting Announcement

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also realized it is the same day as the PVAS auction (I dabble in freshwater planted as well as reefs).
This should be a really great discussion. Hopefully the auction winds down quick. The really good deals (high dollar items for a couple bucks) don't come up until the end of the auction.

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a meeting you don't want to miss, we have some awesome raffle prizes!

I know, but I only seem to have luck when I go to other club's meetings. I went to a fresh water auction and won all the high dollar items, they were ticked. I don't think many of them put much into the raffle though, so it wasn't my fault.

I'm more interested in the talk honestly. I've been having discussions with people about feeding corals and so many people have the impression that corals don't need to be fed, that zooxanthellae provide all that the coral needs, and insist that their corals grow fine without feeding (despite them being over stocked with fish and feeding heavily). All the research I have seen shows that corals actively feed and select specific particle sizes to feed on, that zooxanthellae do not even provide all of the glucose necessary for respiration (never mind the majority of vitamins and amino acids that the coral needs to grow and thrive), or that they have nematocysts for stinging and capturing prey, and have a gastric cavity or mesentril filiments for digesting said prey. I haven't heard any report anything but positive results and increased growth when they start spot feeding their corals, other than possibly having to be a bit more diligent with maintenance.

Sorry, I get kind of wriled up about the feeding corals thing for some reason.

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those debating skipping the meeting for the Shoreline Event....you don't have to!!!

They open at 10am. And you do not need to be present to win their raffles.... So you can make both!!!

We hope to see you all there.
Screenshot_2017-02-17-22-49-35.png

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those debating skipping the meeting for the Shoreline Event....you don't have to!!!

They open at 10am. And you do not need to be present to win their raffles.... So you can make both!!!

We hope to see you all there.
Screenshot_2017-02-17-22-49-35.png

I will be going to both! You still need some gsp?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back