CTARS Zoa Grow-out Competition!

What price point zoa frag would you be willing to buy into for this grow-out competition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a grow-out challenge! Who's in for some friendly competition? ;) As was discussed in the last meeting, it would be nice to select a higher end zoa colony for participants to buy into and frag for a little competition. Interested? Let me know! Let's get a count of who is actually game and take the accompanying poll. Let's do it!

*Open to current CTARS members only*
Here is a running list of participants:
@Mike_J
@JerSaint
@kgstei
@fernalfer
@paul spinn
@SteelerMike
@greenhorn reefer
@Skydvr
@clueless
@Triggreef
@Blitzie
@juliomexico13
@sassAwrasse/ @captc07
@Vaiodude/ @AquaMama13
@tgionet
@fpm06001
@Kvinal
@chingking327
@Tyreef2016
@Brewman1987
@Blitzie
@ytsejam02
@RobgCT
@ReefWeeds

Last edited:

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please respond in the poll results as well as commentary.

The club may take on some cost of the endeavor depending on logistics and what we find, however we are still developing a plan.

OP
OP
Mike_J

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you vote in the poll too and don't let those numbers intimidate you. The goal is to get as many participants as possible and to have fun regardless of the buy-in amount. If those amounts are way too high, tell me I'm crazy! :p Let's start a dialogue and get this figured out! Remember, little to no participation = NO competition and that is just boring! :(

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cheap and accessible to as many members as possible. But you have to vote otherwise you might end up with some real crazy Zoa that you're stuck with in your tank for the next four years. I hate pimples give me a big fat colorful paly please

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the skinny, people.

We want to do this for the club members. The club would like to incur SOME of the cost so it's AS affordable as possible to our members. So like Mike said, DON'T let the price points scare you!!!!

Right now we generally need a roll call of those interested, so that when we go to seek out the zoanthids we can tell the vendors we need enough 2 polyp frags cut for __X__ amount of people.

The first time @BfishLpond78 acquired the frags. The second time we worked with Will @AquaSD , which we'd be open to doing again.

But maybe also working with @CaliAquariums might be good too.

Let's get our initial headcount, and we can start looking for some amazing zoanthids to grow out.

Emmagmrtz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to participate but I'm not a member. I'm not to far from Connecticut. Pm me if there a way I can join this

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to participate but I'm not a member. I'm not to far from Connecticut. Pm me if there a way I can join this

Since the club is going to take on some of the cost and they are distributed at our meetings, it is for CTARS members only. Sorry about that.

OP
OP
Mike_J

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cheap and accessible to as many members as possible. But you have to vote otherwise you might end up with some real crazy Zoa that you're stuck with in your tank for the next four years. I hate pimples give me a big fat colorful paly please

So you're in, right? ;)

paul spinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We want to do this for the club members. The club would like to incur SOME of the cost so it's AS affordable as possible to our members. So like Mike said, DON'T let the price points scare you!!!!

Right now we generally need a roll call of those interested, so that when we go to seek out the zoanthids we can tell the vendors we need enough 2 polyp frags cut for __X__ amount of people.

The first time @BfishLpond78 acquired the frags. The second time we worked with Will @AquaSD , which we'd be open to doing again.

Let's get our initial headcount, and we can start looking for some amazing zoanthids to grow out.

paul spinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

also ck out vance willer from vw reefs..

OP
OP
Mike_J

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There are several vendors I could reach out to as well. I'm positive we could get some really sweet zoas for this. This has the potential to be really epic but first we need participants. Sign up people! :D

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back