Cyano?

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend black outs until it dies off.

FWIW we added a molly miller blenny who not only cleaned up the cyano but took care of aptasia and hair algae as well. tank is 60g

tacoshell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry beck I didn't see your last message but how is your tank doing update?

OP
OP
becks

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It slowly came back, I syphoned it off yesterday and I've gone black out for theee days again, but at on day 3 I'm going to add aqua medic anti red at the correct dose as last time I under dosed.

I have a feeling that my cyano was feeding off nopox as my nitrates are 1 or 2ppm and phos had always been around 0.03 even after removing it all last time during the blackout and testing after so I don't think cyano is consuming them giving a false reading. I added a brightwells nitryx brick four weeks ago so I should be able to stop dosing nopox completely.

My flow has always been good in the tank, I had to turn it down because I had no spots for my Lps to be shelted.

It's frustrating but at the same time I don't really mind as it's pretty harmless apart from looking unsightly.

Last edited:

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good post, I think I have both spiraling and cyano so started with 14 day treatment, marginal results at day 7 grows rapidly over 3 days so do a water change hope that is helping atl sat it looks better. At day 14 will switch to chemiclean

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back