OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would raise it within 24 hrs, as I feel the likelihood of velvet is high here. Just follow the directions (1 teaspoon per 4 gallons) and it will get you somewhere between 1.5-2.0 ppm. However, I would pickup an API copper test kit to confirm this. Salifert maxes out at 1.oppm (I believe); it is only suitable for Cupramine.
It maxes out at 2.0
I have the Seachem one which maxes out at 1 ppm but knew that one wasn't the right kit for Coppersafe.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It maxes out at 2.0
I have the Seachem one which maxes out at 1 ppm but knew that one wasn't the right kit for Coppersafe.

Just looked at the chart and you're right. However, I'd be more comfortable using API (for chelated copper) for better accuracy.

Brett H whitt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope he makes it.

When you added your Walt Smith 2.0 reef rock from Tampa Bay, did you get a spike in nitrates?
I have the none cured version and my tank has been struggling to keep up with all the extra nitrate that the rocks
are leaching. I have a large algae bed and a Kessil grow light. My nitrates will not go below 2.0 an I am changing
out my GFO every two weeks. I usually go 6 weeks between GFO change out.

My nitrates usually hover around 0.25

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I not the expert but I keep hearing prazi pro is bad news in qt cause it's in alcohol for solubility
Reasons that leads to a bacteria bloom suffocating the fish.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I not the expert but I keep hearing prazi pro is bad news in qt cause it's in alcohol for solubility
Reasons that leads to a bacteria bloom suffocating the fish.

This is true. Which is why API General Cure, which contains powder praziquantel + metronidazole, is a better alternative. Especially when needing to mix with other meds.

tvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a Naso tang in QT with a yellow belly blue tang for a week now. I immediately went with copper safe after seeing specs on the Naso after a day of observation. I dosed to full strength 4 doses equally over 2 days. Initially the Naso didn't eat much and was picky with food but after day 4/5 he has a voracious appetite. The BT never stopped eating.

I do have the ammonia sticker but it's a little hard to read so I'm doing 4 gallon water changes every couple days with copper. Why 4 gallons? Because instructions say 5ml for 4 gallons so it's easy to dose in the water change.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, not sure what happened.
The tank wasn't cloudy but then again, I only have natural indirect sunlight on this tank, and overhead room lighting so maybe I couldn't tell well enough.
This morning the wrasse was still fine, sleeping in his little mucus cocoon. Then he woke up and had some breakfast.
Copper was up to 1.0 and I added some more.

Meanwhile... I finally got a new FTS of the display tank. :)

i-W7SM9q4.jpg

i-xRw9Nzt.jpg

tvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice FTS as usual! Are you going try another Tang? I went to a 180g for Tangs [emoji16]

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to get this Tampa bay rock but I just cant bring myself to pay for it. It just looks so nice and I feel like it creates such an amazing bacteria diversity for corals.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tau, yes I'm determined to have one or two tangs in this tank.

When you added your Walt Smith 2.0 reef rock from Tampa Bay, did you get a spike in nitrates?
I have the none cured version and my tank has been struggling to keep up with all the extra nitrate that the rocks
are leaching. I have a large algae bed and a Kessil grow light. My nitrates will not go below 2.0 an I am changing
out my GFO every two weeks. I usually go 6 weeks between GFO change out.

My nitrates usually hover around 0.25
Yeah, nitrates were up near 50 ppm if I remember correctly. ;)
Never had ammonia.
Once things settled in, the nitrates started to plummet.

I really want to get this Tampa bay rock but I just cant bring myself to pay for it. It just looks so nice and I feel like it creates such an amazing bacteria diversity for corals.
Get half of it live and half of it dry if you want to save some cash. And I highly recommend the sand, too. People dismiss that, but it too has tons of biodiversity and good bacteria in it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, not sure what happened.
The tank wasn't cloudy but then again, I only have natural indirect sunlight on this tank, and overhead room lighting so maybe I couldn't tell well enough.
This morning the wrasse was still fine, sleeping in his little mucus cocoon. Then he woke up and had some breakfast.
Copper was up to 1.0 and I added some more.

Meanwhile... I finally got a new FTS of the display tank. :)

i-W7SM9q4.jpg

i-xRw9Nzt.jpg

Beautiful bud! Love the "underneath" photo too!

Wilsoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I've said this a hundred times already but wow... nice work man. I love checking in to see your progress. How many of your gorgs are NPS?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I've said this a hundred times already but wow... nice work man. I love checking in to see your progress. How many of your gorgs are NPS?
Thanks! :)
Every one is photosynthetic. No NPS. If they were, they'd be dead. haha

Wilsoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah that's sweet, great selection! Please forgive me in advance for not reading through the entire thread but do you plan on upgrading your Radions to G4's?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah that's sweet, great selection! Please forgive me in advance for not reading through the entire thread but do you plan on upgrading your Radions to G4's?
Already did. :)
You can go back a few pages and read about the switch.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back