DIY Bubble king Mini

Jamestiah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

i spend some time to measure and draft out the bubble king mini in 3D, was thinking to make one improved version.
Can someone help me with the construction of the silencer? i just couldnt take the silencer apart.

BK180 3D.jpg

James

Attachments

• bubble king.jpg
    bubble king.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 282
  • BK180.jpg
    BK180.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP for some help!

OP
OP
J

Jamestiah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meaning to fill the entire center of the silencer with filter floss? No other special construction in the silencer?
Maybe i will just try that.
SECTION VIEW.jpg

Thanks

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need no floss haha... Just put a pipe in the top and bottom...;)
Here is a clear one I made long ago... fwiw filter floss will restrict the air and make your pump run hotter and higher wattage..
silencer.jpg

Rogger Castells

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to try to improve an already very nice design, I like that! I would try the following:

Add a riser ring on top of the perforated diffuser on top of the pump, my supermarine 300 has a cone riser that allows the bubbles to be guided closer to the neck and allows for a faster water flow with out producing micro bubbles. I think that the mini will benefit from this upgrade.
the second upgrade would be to adapt a gate valve mechanism to the outlet of the skimmer, the new deltec skimmers have it and it is sweet, this will give you a better way to adjust and fine tune the performance.

OP
OP
J

Jamestiah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to try to improve an already very nice design, I like that! I would try the following:

Add a riser ring on top of the perforated diffuser on top of the pump, my supermarine 300 has a cone riser that allows the bubbles to be guided closer to the neck and allows for a faster water flow with out producing micro bubbles. I think that the mini will benefit from this upgrade.
the second upgrade would be to adapt a gate valve mechanism to the outlet of the skimmer, the new deltec skimmers have it and it is sweet, this will give you a better way to adjust and fine tune the performance.

Yeah, added a short cone riser.
As for the gate valve, it will be optional because the mini already have the neck which can adjust the skimmer' outlet.
check valve.jpg

bubble plate.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back