dnov99's 260 Gal eye candy thread...

TighTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta make it down to your place soon to catch up!

OP
OP
dnov99

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! That fox flame is INSANE! 1. I wish I had colors like that! 2. I wish I could take photos like that!

By the way, if 143Gadgets is reading this thread, is there any way you may be able to find the time someday to give a quick little tutorial on how to take such great photos of our tanks? I have a Nikon D7100 that I apparently don't know how to use, because my photos don't come out looking anything like yours:)!!

Thank you! I wish I could take photos like this too!

Everything looks amazing Darren! Can't wait to see more

Thanks Kevin.

I gotta make it down to your place soon to catch up!

You have been saying that for a year! Open invite as always!

OP
OP
dnov99

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ARI_0331_zps1d6e0674.jpg

OP
OP
dnov99

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos to Chris Thomas for this amazing video that he shot and edited. Please watch it in 1080HD full screen and subscribe! Thanks again Chris!

[video=youtube_share;xCZZZ3MSa-8]http://youtu.be/xCZZZ3MSa-8[/video]

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video man, beautiful acros and great fish choices!

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darren that's awesome. It's great to have such a high quality video of your tank. You have an awesome collection of acros, colors are excellent. You have me rethinking my water quality :).

Funbags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still running ZEOvit? If so what supplements are you dosing?

Yes, I would love to know if your using Zeo, bioPelletes and what lighting you are using on that monster? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
dnov99

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video man, beautiful acros and great fish choices!

Thanks Man, I appreciate the comment!!!

great video D

Darren that's awesome. It's great to have such a high quality video of your tank. You have an awesome collection of acros, colors are excellent. You have me rethinking my water quality :).

Thanks Guys. Rich, dont change anything you are doing!! My acros actually became a bit pale, as my nutrients became too low, basically zero's. I have fed more and things are coloring up.

That's one sweet acro

It looks similar to RMC red devil, its defiantly a awesome coral and tank

Thanks guys, its a beaut for sure. And yes it does look similar to the red devil nasuta!

Are you still running ZEOvit? If so what supplements are you dosing?

Yes, I would love to know if your using Zeo, bioPelletes and what lighting you are using on that monster? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

+1 to this as well thanks. I am looking to run some Zeo products on my tank.

I have not run Zeovit or any of the supplements for years. Became too much work and not enough positive results. I am now running a Natureef reactor for PO4 and NO3 removal and this has been hands-down the best piece of equipment I have ever purchased while in the hobby. I haven't done a water change in over a year, with the use of the Natureef system. IMO stability of no WC along with not having to run carbon and GFO which strips the water has been the key. I use a PRO cal reactor with extra coarse media for CA, ALK, MG and trace elements. I also dose Iron plus, Iodine plus from Natureef and Potassium. For lighting I switched over from all LED's (which I hated) to a hybrid setup of 2 250 watt MH with 3 AI Vega's and RB strips. Hope that helps.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not run Zeovit or any of the supplements for years. Became too much work and not enough positive results. I am now running a Natureef reactor for PO4 and NO3 removal and this has been hands-down the best piece of equipment I have ever purchased while in the hobby. I haven't done a water change in over a year, with the use of the Natureef system. IMO stability of no WC along with not having to run carbon and GFO which strips the water has been the key. I use a PRO cal reactor with extra coarse media for CA, ALK, MG and trace elements. I also dose Iron plus, Iodine plus from Natureef and Potassium. For lighting I switched over from all LED's (which I hated) to a hybrid setup of 2 250 watt MH with 3 AI Vega's and RB strips. Hope that helps.

Interesting, it seems bacteria dosing is the way to go.

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos to Chris Thomas for this amazing video that he shot and edited. Please watch it in 1080HD full screen and subscribe! Thanks again Chris!

[video=youtube_share;xCZZZ3MSa-8]http://youtu.be/xCZZZ3MSa-8[/video]

Awesome video!!! I liked how Chris captures the panoramic view of your bullnose tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back