Does this look like just fish poop?

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to dose my QT with Prazipro for my 2 new fish... I was going to wait a couple of days more until I was sure my new angel juvenile is eating properly but then I noticed this stringy poop from my Sunburst Anthias today and I am just wondering does this look normal or does it look like an intestinal bug? I don't have anything on hand except for Prazi and Methylene Blue.... does this look like something I should treat immediately or can I wait until I'm sure that my Angel is eating properly? I haven't really seen him eat yet per se,he got in the tank yesterday morning.... today I saw some Mysis float right by his face today he didn't really launch at it or anything but he is very active and looks very good ... sorry to hijack this thread but this seems to be along the same lines of the topic at hand. Here's a couple pics.... Anthias has been in there since Friday... no treatments yet. I have seen him eat some Mysis....

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5023.JPG

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to dose my QT with Prazipro for my 2 new fish... I was going to wait a couple of days more until I was sure my new angel juvenile is eating properly but then I noticed this stringy poop from my Sunburst Anthias today and I am just wondering does this look normal or does it look like an intestinal bug? I don't have anything on hand except for Prazi and Methylene Blue.... does this look like something I should treat immediately or can I wait until I'm sure that my Angel is eating properly? I haven't really seen him eat yet per se,he got in the tank yesterday morning.... today I saw some Mysis float right by his face today he didn't really launch at it or anything but he is very active and looks very good ... sorry to hijack this thread but this seems to be along the same lines of the topic at hand. Here's a couple pics.... Anthias has been in there since Friday... no treatments yet. I have seen him eat some Mysis....

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5023.JPG

That does indeed mean intestinal worms in most cases. Feeding metroplex bound by Focus to the food for a minimum of ten days is the way to go here. Treatment may last longer than ten days as intestinal worms can be quite stubborn.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does indeed mean intestinal worms in most cases. Feeding metroplex bound by Focus to the food for a minimum of ten days is the way to go here. Treatment may last longer than ten days as intestinal worms can be quite stubborn.

+1

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I do my intended Prazipro at the same time?

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could yes.
One more question and I'm sorry to keep throwing these out there ....should I separate him from the juvenile angel fish and treat them both separately ( meaning not treat the angel fish for intestinal bug's ) or is it a given that the angel whom has been in there for 24 hours with him has picked up the intestinal bug?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question and I'm sorry to keep throwing these out there ....should I separate him from the juvenile angel fish and treat them both separately ( meaning not treat the angel fish for intestinal bug's ) or is it a given that the angel whom has been in there for 24 hours with him has picked up the intestinal bug?
It is best to assume he picked it up. I would treat them both.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my Angel too small/young to do a freshwater bath on? I notice something on one of his eyes like a small cloudy spot.....Majestic Angel about 2" or so ... Starting color change

IMG_5005.JPG

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my Angel too small/young to do a freshwater bath on? I notice something on one of his eyes like a small cloudy spot.....Majestic Angel about 2" or so ... Starting color change

IMG_5005.JPG

No. Size doesn't have anything to do with their ability to tolerate a freshwater dip. You can certainly do one on him... I would even call it a good idea in this case.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back