Doser as slave or standalone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standalone doser 2.1 running for the past few months and will be setting up my P4. Should I use the doser as a slave or keep standalone?

Pros to standalone are that if the P4 is offline for some reason dosing continues. The doser is working great.

Are there pros to slave mode? Cons to standalone I'm missing?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done it both ways. I currently run my dosers on their own system. I do have an older doser 1 slave unit that I am currently not using.
I have a doser 2 SA and slave hooked together. I did it that way because I like the doser app on my phone and I adjust alk regularly as coral growth requires. While I could just hook it to my Profilux I have it separate for now. I am use to this work flow and The GHL dosers are as powerful as a Profilux and I am not losing any functions by doing it so at present.:)

OP
OP
cbear44

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done it both ways. I currently run my dosers on their own system. I do have an older doser 1 slave unit that I am currently not using.
I have a doser 2 SA and slave hooked together. I did it that way because I like the doser app on my phone and I adjust alk regularly as coral growth requires. While I could just hook it to my Profilux I have it separate for now. I am use to this work flow and The GHL dosers are as powerful as a Profilux and I am not losing any functions by doing it so at present.:)

Thanks. I'll start as standalone and go from there. My experience with the doser 2.1 sold me on the P4

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had my P3 go offline for any reason. You can do it either way.:) I set up my doser 2 before putting my P3 online and just keeped it that way. My next tank I may set it up different.:)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back