Easiest SPS corals to start with??

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After researching a bit on easiest to keep sps corals, here are a few names i came across:

POCILIPORA
SERIATOPORA
STYLOPORA
PORITE
LEPTOSERIS
MONTIPORA CAPRICORNIS PLATING

are they really easy? Or are there any other easy sps corals that can join the above list?

I dont want the stress or frustration of keeping those delicate and exp sps corals.

I have a 1yr old 42g skimmerless system currently,
No3 - 12
Po4 - 0.15 (but no algae what so ever)
Alk - 7.5
Mag - 1250
Cal - 400

Currently growing softies and lps successfully.

Iv been into this hobby for 8yrs, but the only sps iv kept is a brown monti, which grew successfully under conditions worst then above.

Here is the latest update of my tank.

kalare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
monti caps and pocillopora would by my recommendations. Will almost grow almost everywhere. I have a 25 year old tank at my parents house that has been neglected and still the monti caps and pocillopora get giant size. Water changes every 2-6 months...no supplementation. I don't recommend this, but it just proves to me those two species are almost indestructible. I'd add Montipora digitata to that list as well.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
monti caps and pocillopora would by my recommendations. Will almost grow almost everywhere. I have a 25 year old tank at my parents house that has been neglected and still the monti caps and pocillopora get giant size. Water changes every 2-6 months...no supplementation. I don't recommend this, but it just proves to me those two species are almost indestructible. I'd add Montipora digitata to that list as well.
Thank you.. :) i really like monti digi, thought it was diff as saw a few mixed reviews online.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back