Fish safe eel-like fishes

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wanted to own a fish that looks similar to a snake, are there any that are reef safe like the engineer goby? or eels that are reef safe.

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never cared for them but at least 50 gallons as they reach 18 inches usually and a sand bed of 6 inches at least most of the time there whole body will be under the sand accept for 1/4 or so as the bob and gaze out of the sand. It's quite cool to watch

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never cared for them but at least 50 gallons as they reach 18 inches usually and a sand bed of 6 inches at least most of the time there whole body will be under the sand accept for 1/4 or so as the bob and gaze out of the sand. It's quite cool to watch

Are they difficult to care for though, I would conceded getting one if they arnt hard to keep alive, I have a 70 gallon with a sand bed that's maybe 3-4" at some parts and about 6" at others

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an Engineer Goby for a few years, love it. They can be a little destructive though, so be ready. Need a deep sand bed.

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they difficult to care for though, I would conceded getting one if they arnt hard to keep alive, I have a 70 gallon with a sand bed that's maybe 3-4" at some parts and about 6" at others

I can't imagine there to hard to care for. Prolly shy. Would need to feed the other fish first so the food can sink to there area with out other fish scaring them

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine there to hard to care for. Prolly shy. Would need to feed the other fish first so the food can sink to there area with out other fish scaring them
Ours have been very easy to care for, we have one corner of the tank that the sand slopes up to 6", we feed roe and mysis to the tank and they are usually pretty quick to snag the pieces as the go by

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garden eels there peaceful and reef safe but require a thick sand bed
thanks, I've seen those for really cheap where I live and I love them. But is 45 gal enough or do I still need more

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be fine. As long as it's not a tall tank but long or wide with plenty of sand area for them to hide in
Its a very long tank and decently wide.. I think ill try one as I live in Asia and fish doesn't cost a fortune... I will try my utmost

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always go with a golden dwarf eel from Hawaii....by far the most Reef safe of the eels.
can you plz explain fish safe. Is it fish safe to neon damsel size? And can I keep a skunk cleaner shrimp with it. Thx for listening!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back