Flame Angel Ich????

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap! Which do you personally use?

Kanaplex is readily absorbed by the fish's skin and is a wide spectrum antibiotic so it's a good one. Furan 2 is a good choice as well and can be combined with kanaplex to widen the spectrum even more.

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the flame angel looks lethargic. Many of his fins have tears of spots where you can see he's been beat. His left side has a lump and his color is faded some. Does this sound like a bacterial thing for sure? Can I use Melafix with the copper treatment at the same time? Or the other meds you suggested for that matter? Thanks!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the flame angel looks lethargic. Many of his fins have tears of spots where you can see he's been beat. His left side has a lump and his color is faded some. Does this sound like a bacterial thing for sure? Can I use Melafix with the copper treatment at the same time? Or the other meds you suggested for that matter? Thanks!

It does sound like a bacterial infection to me. A recent closeup photo might help to confirm that diagnosis though.

You can use Melafix w/copper, but IME that's only useful for very mild infections.

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG
Went from bad to this in 2 days. He was active and not lethargic 2 days ago. Now he's probably gonna die. Totally sucks. Confirmed bacterial?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It more looks like he's being attacked by one of his tankmates.

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has definitely been attacked by the clown a lot. It's hard to see, but he has a lump on his side. He's very skinny above his gills. Has some faded patches on his head. Can being attacked do all that? He's kind of laying sideways at the bottom of the tank; then he'll swim off. Think he's beyond saving?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has definitely been attacked by the clown a lot. It's hard to see, but he has a lump on his side. He's very skinny above his gills. Has some faded patches on his head. Can being attacked do all that?

Being attacked can cause injuries, which can lead to infection.

Can you isolate the clownfish away from all the other fish?

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0462.JPG
I can isolate the clown now, but I'm sure this guy won't make it. The medicine won't show up till wed and he's literally laying at the bottom of the tank on his side barely clinging to life.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would remove him from copper ASAP, by placing him into a bucket with non-medicated water. Just in case copper is exacerbating things. See if he perks up. It looks like you don't have much to lose by trying. :(

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright then. That's what I'll do. :(
Lesson learned on quarantining fish before throwing them in your tank. Newbie mistake here! TOTALLY SUCKS!

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. Unfortunately, my flame angel didn't make it through the night. :( Thanks for all the help!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back