Flipside's 120g Reboot!

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this thread on my local forum, but I'd like to post it here due to all the friends I've made here in the past. Basically, I just rebooted the old 120g I had running before. I had to move... :(

Here's where it is today and please pardon my (lack of) photography skills. As some of our local club members in Houston know, I'm still trying to figure out my camera. I'm actually taking classes to help understand things better than before, and I'm glad I did!

Leo%20FTS-X3.jpg

FTS. Some of the photo is cropped out, but it's pretty hard getting good FTS's! Talk about finding a new level of respect for photographers!!!

I have more frags to glue down, as you can see; but, I'm waiting on them to feel a bit more "at home" before doing so. :) I think I have about 50 frags/mini-colonies in there now. The locals HOOKED ME UP!!! Thanks guys!!!

Here's another shot that I did for my photo class. This was mainly to capture the red dragon a little bit, and focus on the purple bonsai. No particular reason other than they weren't too obscured by my goofy frag rack. All of the corals are spicy and I love them equally! LOL
IMG_0895%20WM-X3.jpg

The specs are:

-120g Aqueon (4' x 2' x 2')
-Trigger Ruby 36 Sump
-Jebao DC-12000 Return
-Neptune Apex Controller
-Sea Sweep with a Tunze 6105 on one end
-RW-15 on the other end
-Bubble Magus Curve 7 Skimmer
-Ultralife Ozonizer
-Jebao Coral Box S150 Protein Skimmer (Ozone Reactor)
-Jebao DP4 Dosing Pumps
-Custom made reservoir for Alk, Ca, Mg
-ATI fixture 8 x 54w
-Truelumen LED Strips (for the ATI... haven't mounted yet)
-Cutting board for a barebottom
-BRS dry Pukani rock (seeding nicely)

This is "sorta" my display tank for now, but I plan on doing something different in the living room later on. For now, this stuff is in my "pseudo-fishroom" upstairs. On the other side of this tank is a frag tank setup that is still under construction (but it is running). It consists of:

-100g Rubbermaid stock tank (sump) with some live rock in it (not enough)
-2 x 50g Rubbermaid stock tanks (holding tanks)
-Jebao DC-15000 Return
-Coral Box D-700
-Ebay MH/T5 lighting over one tank
-ATI 6x54w T5 fixture over the other
-400w Hamilton MH setup as backup
-120lbs of TE Reeflakes (60lbs each 50g Stock Tank)

I'll probably be getting a cheapy controller for the holding tank setup. I'm going to use it for QT, hospital, refugium needs, frags, etc...

I also grabbed a few other items that I can use for all the systems I setup now or in the future in here... An Icecap 150gpd RODI Smart System (BNIB), a Biotek Par Sensor, camera gear galore, small refrigerator for foods/supplements, and various other things.

I don't really plan on doing much more with this one, other than loading it up with corals and growing it out.

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple more shots that I have of some of the corals. Just for reference-sake, all of my corals have been in the tank for about 2 weeks now. Most of the SPS were fresh-cut, but some were already encrusting in frag tanks.

Tinkerbell%20Zoa%20Colony-X2.jpg

Frag%20Rack-X2.jpg

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There it is! Gonna be a awesome build, if your other builds are any indicator. Following along for this one too

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new photos for today! :)

IMG_0966-Acan-X3.jpg

IMG_0967-Tinkerbell-X2.jpg

IMG_1064-Chromis-X2.jpg

IMG_1206-LMBlenny-X2.jpg

IMG_1257-Red_Planet-X2.jpg

I also setup a new Icecap RODI unit at the house, right next to my reef tanks. Did a video on setting it up and running it so you can see how it compares to others you may have used, or already have.

I like it!

That's my weekend! Have a good one y'all!

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture of my dirty tank today. I have been placing corals since I'm starting to see more encrustation. Running my alk a little high to help stimulate them a bit...

IMG_1306-FTS%2006-06-2015-XL.jpg

Apologies for it being so dark... My ritteri wasn't cooperating, so I had to under-expose the photo.

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty! Thanks for swinging by!

Yes sir! That's one of yours. One of many! It's doing great! Already encrusting over the glue and I'll try to get a better picture up soon. All of your corals are doing great.

The Oregon is one of my favorite pieces because... well, we have a history... LOL

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty! Thanks for swinging by!

Yes sir! That's one of yours. One of many! It's doing great! Already encrusting over the glue and I'll try to get a better picture up soon. All of your corals are doing great.

The Oregon is one of my favorite pieces because... well, we have a history... LOL
I'm happy sir! You obviously know what you're doing to be able to collect that many frags at the start and keep them all alive and happy.

I'm looking forward to seeing it all grow out! [emoji4]

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IKR!

So, here are some shots from the tank as of today. You can see the encrustation happening, as well as some battle wounds healing up on the elkhorn. :)

IMG_1345_Purple%20Hammer-L.jpg

Purple Wall Hammer

IMG_1343_Tinkerbells-L.jpg

Tinkerbells. Got this from Tinman.

IMG_1347_Elkhorn-L.jpg

I was going to cut the branch off the Elkhorn that has that "wound" on it; but it's coming around. Got this one from Tinman, too.

IMG_1355-L.jpg

I'm sure this one is called "Farmer Ty's Peppermint Acro." It's grown on me. See the encrustation? :)

IMG_1346_RainbowMonti-L.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the Sunset Montipora that I got from Ty, too.

I have a bunch more photos that I'll upload later. Everything's looking good. I've been tracking all of my changes, dosing, water changes, etc... on AquaticLog.com if you guys/gals are on there, too. Makes it easier to remember what the heck I'm doing when I can just check my app. LOL

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's more photos. Colors are looking better on some, bad on others. I had a bit of an elevated phosphate thing going on, but I eradicated that quickly.

IMG_1428_Hammer-L.jpg

Caught that little filter feeder!

IMG_1425_Acan-L.jpg

Colors look better on this guy, but he's a lot more deflated after dosing last night.

IMG_1434_Monti-L.jpg

IMG_1442_RedHairyOne-L.jpg

IMG_1445_PurplePocilopora-L.jpg

Local guy gave me this one for free!

IMG_1446_RD-L.jpg

Red Dragon

IMG_1466_FF-Digi-L.jpg

Forest Fire (a little ticked...)

IMG_1447-L.jpg

IMG_1525_WWCF-L.jpg

He so small that he's hard to photograph...

IMG_1537_WWCF2-L.jpg

IMG_1821_betterSFCF-L.jpg

IMG_1822_SFCF-L.jpg

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just going to sit here and enjoy the ride :cool:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back