Get your MANTIS on!!! **Brand new from SOGGY TEES**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What can punch with a strike velocity of 30 meters per second and the power of a .22 caliber bullet all while seeing the world in a rainbow of colors humans can't even imagine? The mantis shrimp can! Our newest t-shirt style pays tribute to this fearsome predator of the deep and features a green, red and white graphic on black.

Check out this cool new t-shirt from SOGGY TEES!

mantis shrimp-01.jpg

2015-10-14 16.58.15-2.jpg

Available now on our website!

Last edited:

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the mantis shrimp, but I'd rather have one on the back.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered one with the mantis on the back and R2R on the front left chest! Plus another little custom touch! Soggy tees is the best!

OP
OP
soggytees

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered one with the mantis on the back and R2R on the front left chest! Plus another little custom touch! Soggy tees is the best!
Thanks for the kind words. I am excited that we were able to get it done for you. It's a very cool idea! ;)

lflint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit meters per second is not a unit of acceleration. Ten meters per second is only 22 mph. An acceleration of 10 m/s^2 is about the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s^2) and is not impressive at all.

Recent research has shown the acceleration of the mantis shrimp's appendage is 1.5 x 10^5 m/s^2 with a final velocity around 30 m/s. Now THAT's impressive.

OP
OP
soggytees

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit meters per second is not a unit of acceleration. Ten meters per second is only 22 mph. An acceleration of 10 m/s^2 is about the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s^2) and is not impressive at all.

Recent research has shown the acceleration of the mantis shrimp's appendage is 1.5 x 10^5 m/s^2 with a final velocity around 30 m/s. Now THAT's impressive.
Ha! Definitely cool info! Thanks for sharing.

I did some digging, and found the research you are referring to. I appreciate you helping us keep our info correct.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back