GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please tell me how to configure outlets? I can manually turn them on but nothing beyond that. I am trying to program like Apex. Turn heater on set temperature. Turn off at another temperature. Cannot get 2.1 to power on unless I manually over ride the outlets

This is the window you want. Double click S1. Set the function. Temp for example. Assuming your heater is plugged into S1. Next name it. Always remember to save after you make changes. If you change a window youll lose the other windows changes btw.

For setting the heaters limits youll want to go to the probes window. And click on the heater. Then you can set the limits. Pretty sure :)

"bugs" ive found. The heater will not allow me to use the adjustment setting. It allows me to put a number in but when I save the change it does not save. For example my heater temp reads 77.8F. I want 1F higher. Try to save. Does not save. A lot of temps and measurement are still displayed in metric. This is like that. 1F is shown as 1c. This probe is also reading .8 degrees less than my inkbird temp controller. Which is still running inline with my heater.

IMG_5873.PNG

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please tell me how to configure outlets? I can manually turn them on but nothing beyond that. I am trying to program like Apex. Turn heater on set temperature. Turn off at another temperature. Cannot get 2.1 to power on unless I manually over ride the outlets

In GCC go to System>Switches. There you select the switch and assign the function. Heater will sense and respond to the data from temperature sensor. From there the sensor will keep the nominal temperature based on the settings. No need to set on and off temp. Just the hysteresis etc.

By 2.1 do you mean a doser 2.1? I have a standalone I'm running as separate. I assume power should always be on and you set the doses.

glavaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the window you want. Double click S1. Set the function. Temp for example. Assuming your heater is plugged into S1. Next name it. Always remember to save after you make changes. If you change a window youll lose the other windows changes btw.

For setting the heaters limits youll want to go to the probes window. And click on the heater. Then you can set the limits. Pretty sure :)

"bugs" ive found. The heater will not allow me to use the adjustment setting. It allows me to put a number in but when I save the change it does not save. For example my heater temp reads 77.8F. I want 1F higher. Try to save. Does not save. A lot of temps and measurement are still displayed in metric. This is like that. 1F is shown as 1c. This probe is also reading .8 degrees less than my inkbird temp controller. Which is still running inline with my heater.

IMG_5873.PNG

Which is setting in probes is used for entering the limits ?

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

For your heater (basic setup):
-Under "Probe/sensor controls", go to "Temperature 1", and set your "Nominal value" under Probe/sensor controls
-Go to "System", then "Switch channel and outlets"
-Select the switch channel you associated with your heater and double click on it
-Under Function, on the left side of the little box, select "Temperature 1", on the right side of the little box, select "Heater"

Make sure you don't have "invert" selected, and make sure to save your changes for everything to take effect.

That's it for heater. The other outlets are set up in a similar way.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday it all started clicking together for me. Biggest problem I had was over thinking it.

My install went in this order.
Setup where the p4, PB, screen are placed in the room. Ran the wires. Connected the probes. Downloaded GHL Control Center, USB connected the computer, set english, set Fahrenheit, calibrated probes, installed probes, programmed powerbar, programmed feed mode 1, programmed maintenance 1, ran tests, made changes retested.

Im not happy with my calibrations. I think ill do it again. @Marco@GHLUSA , how do I reset my temp probe?

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In stream pump settings. Is it safe to override the mp4o program and use p4 wave options?

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday it all started clicking together for me. Biggest problem I had was over thinking it.

My install went in this order.
Setup where the p4, PB, screen are placed in the room. Ran the wires. Connected the probes. Downloaded GHL Control Center, USB connected the computer, set english, set Fahrenheit, calibrated probes, installed probes, programmed powerbar, programmed feed mode 1, programmed maintenance 1, ran tests, made changes retested.

Im not happy with my calibrations. I think ill do it again. @Marco@GHLUSA , how do I reset my temp probe?

I've also made a lot of headway with mine by following a similar logical sequence, presently I'm testing my ATO settings and functions.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also made a lot of headway with mine by following a similar logical sequence, presently I'm testing my ATO settings and functions.

Nice! You have more hardware and processes being added to your system.

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Make sure to report bugs on the GHL official forums. They are monitoring this thread and need to report them as this is still beta.

I don't get an adjust button at all. I can live with the difference. The thermometer I have is +\- 2f so hard to know which is right.

Under sensor you should be able to change between f and c by just clicking on the settings

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its weird to say the least. I feel that all my probes are reading incorrectly. Could be the way I calibrated the probes.

My conductivity reads 1.0205 on P4 sensor but reads 1.0245 on my ATC refractometer. My temp reads 77.1F on P4 sensor but reads 78F on my Inkbird Temp controller. My ReDox is now up to 450mv on P4. My pH reads 7.9 on P4 and I feel this sensor is also reading slightly low. I think im more like 8.2 but I still need to test it.

I think im going to take a sample into my LFS and see what they are getting with pH and conductivity. Im going to use a 3rd temp probe tonight.

I have the values read out in standard measurements but in GCC a lot of the measurements have a metric symbol after the value. Example, is 77.1c and we know its not actually Celsius.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I calibrated 3 of the sensors with the included fluids at room temp. Maybe this is the problem? I hit the calibrate temp tab (oops) and after that the value is about 1 degree apart between the 2 devices. I would like that to go back to default but there is not tab/button for that I can see.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its weird to say the least. I feel that all my probes are reading incorrectly. Could be the way I calibrated the probes.

My conductivity reads 1.0205 on P4 sensor but reads 1.0245 on my ATC refractometer. My temp reads 77.1F on P4 sensor but reads 78F on my Inkbird Temp controller. My ReDox is now up to 450mv on P4. My pH reads 7.9 on P4 and I feel this sensor is also reading slightly low. I think im more like 8.2 but I still need to test it.

I think im going to take a sample into my LFS and see what they are getting with pH and conductivity. Im going to use a 3rd temp probe tonight.

I have the values read out in standard measurements but in GCC a lot of the measurements have a metric symbol after the value. Example, is 77.1c and we know its not actually Celsius.

Your redox probe will take a couple of weeks to settle down, so I'd forget about that one for now, the salinity probe settings have a salinity density offset Of upto 0.005, so if you have a calibrated refractometer you trust then use the offset to correct your Profilux..

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your redox probe will take a couple of weeks to settle down, so I'd forget about that one for now, the salinity probe settings have a salinity density offset Of upto 0.005, so if you have a calibrated refractometer you trust then use the offset to correct your Profilux..

Ill look into the salinity density offset tonight. Thanks!

glavaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok couple of questions. How do I link the Doser 2.1 to the Profilux 4? My settings are different between the two. I have the cable between the Profilux and Doser but can't seem to link them. Also, on the outlets is Dosing Pump function always powered off until the unit is called to dose?

glavaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also cannot connect the 2.1 to myGHL. I tried with GCC open and closed.

glavaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed the attached file. Worked fine. Did you sign up for a myGHL account?

Yes I have a myGHL account and now have the Doser linked to t. However when I go into Dose Overview in GCC it doesn't show my calibration and schedule like the Doser Shows. I also cannot manually dose from the Profilux GCC.

In general it does not show the Doser it only shows PAB and Touch. When I try and assign the Doser it kicks me out of GCC but never assigns it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back