GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I fought with this for ages. Boot Camp, Parallels, etc. I eventually broke down and bought a refurbished laptop for $300. It's a sweet machine with an i5 in it and does everything I need it to for GHL devices.

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the P4 rearing Condx at 52.6mS, what do you come up with for a SG reading with a refractometer?

Everyone should really know that conductivity and salinity are two very different measurements and IMO the best way to utilize the conductivity data is to use it as a reference point to spot deviations and identify trends. Anything further and you're going to get lost in inconsistent and inaccurate attempts at conversions. There's no real simple way to have it read SG.

Just my 2¢

Conductivity is certainly going to be YMMV I think. I'm at 60.5 mS with refractometer reading 1.026 (calibrated to 35ppm). A couple of days ago I noted Cond creeping up and found that my ATO was a bit low in the sump. Salinity at 1.029 and reading 61.4 mS. Brought it back down slowly and it's settled nicely.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like what??

I'm having issues with my heater outlet not coming on at the appropriate time.

I connected the first bar to do testing, after I installed and connected the other two which powered up and immediately switched on the exact same outlets as those on the first without any kind of programming!

Martyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I connected the first bar to do testing, after I installed and connected the other two which powered up and immediately switched on the exact same outlets as those on the first without any kind of programming!

It's a two step process. You should have went to probe/sensor controls to set the probe to control the heater and set the temp. Then you go to systems/switch channels and outlets to assign and name the outlet. Did you do that?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggest issue I have seen is getting a emulator to keep a connection with the Profilux via USB. They can drop connection from time to time.
I mainly use the WiFi connection for most programing and just use USB for Firmware updates.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a two step process. You should have went to probe/sensor controls to set the probe to control the heater and set the temp. Then you go to systems/switch channels and outlets to assign and name the outlet. Did you do that?

What heater?

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you register the 2nd PAB bar separately? I think that you have to identify it as a separate PAB bar and assign the additional switches.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed the instruction , connected and assigned them . They show up as three separate PABs

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it not sensing the temp or responding to the temp below nominal?
Nope. It's set as temp nominal 78.5F. It's set for .8 degrees hysteresis.

...and sometimes I'll look down and see the temp reading 76.8F and there's no power to the outlet...

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggest issue I have seen is getting a emulator to keep a connection with the Profilux via USB. They can drop connection from time to time.
I mainly use the WiFi connection for most programing and just use USB for Firmware updates.

I have not been able to get GCC to connect to the P4 via wifi. I know its on wifi because the dashboard works on myGHL.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. It's set as temp nominal 78.5F. It's set for .8 degrees hysteresis.

...and sometimes I'll look down and see the temp reading 76.8F and there's no power to the outlet...

Is the outlet set to always on?

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With a total of Three(3) powerbars or even more than one. You'll need to configure the numbering of the following powerbar sockets.

Powerbar #1 [1][2][3][4][5]
Powerbar #2 [6][7][8][9][10]
Powerbar #3 [11][12][13][14][15]

po.jpg

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed the instruction , connected and assigned them . They show up as three separate PABs
Under system, click on each power bar image and click on "configuration". Make sure each power bar has a different set of socket numbers.
1-5, 6-10, 11-15

EDIT, Jerel's got ya covered. I got distracted before I could post. lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back