Goby and pistol

jake.harry.3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gallon breeder tank setup. Been setup for about 4 months now. I picked up a yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp. My question is can i have 2 pairs of them or will that cause issues between them?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 40 is a little small for 2, but not impossible. The gobies will be fine, but if the pistol shrimp find each other they will fight. But they don't need a whole lot of territory each, so it is possible.

OP
OP
J

jake.harry.3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just overly intrigued by watching them work and figured if I start them on the other corner of the tank maybe i can get lucky. Thats something to think about i guess. Im having trouble picking fish. Im currently at 2 clowns, a goby/pistol combo. I wanted a fuzzy dwarf lion, but i keep getting told that its a bad choice for my tank by a friend that works at a local saltwater store.

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt do it. I have 2 ywg and pistol shrimp in a 90 and they ywg pair and shrimp switch sides of the tank all the time. They run the sand area couldn't imagine any other goby and shrimp pair that would be happy sharing in my 90 so id say no for a 40 breeder, but thats just my 2 cents

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say try and find a mate for your existing goby, I love my ywg pair and their pistol shrimp. It's nice some times all three are together sometimes they're separated so even though they're all paired up they're always switching around so it seems like there's multiple pairs

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back