Green stag ID?

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
I'm 99% sure it's a stag just wondering what type and possible origin local. Its green with blue tips and green polyps depending on where the different pieces are in the tank the tips can be much bluer and longer and even take on a purple hue.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

favites

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be the 'surf and turf' acro (acropora loisettae), suspect it has a bunch of different names... thin branched, fast grower, green/teal base light blue tips...

Mark

OP
OP
B

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
All of my pics are under 2 white and 2 blue 48" T5s. There are a couple of pics below of just white and just blue-- I can take full tank shots of just white and blue if that helps with a ID.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is all blue
image.jpeg

This is white only-- I can take more pics under all white if that'll help with an ID.
image.jpeg

I don't know how old the T5s are and I'm sure they need to be replaced I'm thinking of going with the new E5s any thoughts on going that route?
I've seen green slimers under different lighting in person and online from different vendors and I really don't think that's what this and I can disturb it in every way possible and it won't slime when everything else does.
What do you think after seeing it under the different lighting combos?

OP
OP
B

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be the 'surf and turf' acro (acropora loisettae), suspect it has a bunch of different names... thin branched, fast grower, green/teal base light blue tips...

Mark
Haha I just looked up acropora loisettae and I really think you nailed it!! Thanks!!

OP
OP
B

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mark
Do you have an idea on the other pieces I posted? I've had a lot of views but no responses. It's got me stumped. I'm thinking deep water one because of the smooth skin but also because it seems to grow just as good lower in the tank as it does close to the surface however, it definitely has more vibrant colors showing on the pieces that are closer to the surface.
Thanks for the help

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mark
+1 on your assessment favites, as the pics resubmitted in whites only made it esaier for me to ID. Thanks @blackgrouper79 nice growth.:cool:

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mark
+1 on your assessment favites, as the pics resubmitted in whites only made it esaier for me to ID. Thanks @blackgrouper79 nice growth.:cool:

OP
OP
B

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! it's growing really fast. I just bought the set up in late September and everything is over the moving shock. I had several broken acro colonies a major ich outbreak that killed a couple fish- I used Dr.Gs and lots of water changes and the ich is gone. I added a few dispars and a bunch of frags (I'm still getting dirty looks and the occasional speech from the wife--but I swear I can sell frags once they grow out:rolleyes:). I'm up for trades if you see anything you like lol
Oh have you checked out the other coral I'm trying to get an ID on?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back