Happy Saturday! Video from my GBR dive trip.

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY EVERYONE!
Last year I took my girlfriend on a boat trip through the Great Barrier Reef for her 21st birthday. It was the most amazing thing I have ever done. This is a couple months before the wide spread bleaching event. I thought this forum would enjoy the video and the wide spread of biodiversity featured in the video.
I hope you enjoy it!
Make sure to watch in HD!

twpilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really great video. That must have been a great trip. We just moved here to Florida from Ohio and I have been enjoying snorkeling on the reefs down here but its nothing like that. Thank you for posting

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really great video. That must have been a great trip. We just moved here to Florida from Ohio and I have been enjoying snorkeling on the reefs down here but its nothing like that. Thank you for posting

Thank you. Some of the diving in Florida is amazing. Much warmer water than here in ca too!

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing! Crazy how much coral diversity there is.

I was amazed by that too! Some of the wall div s were crazy to see the diversity change as you went down. I don't think I featured them much in the video but there was fungias and slipper coral at the bottom the shelf just like what we do in home aquaria.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is crazy awesome! Great video and thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video thanks for sharing! Definitely a bucket list trip for me.
Thanks! It was much more affordable than I had originally planned.

Beautiful video and looks like a blast glad you had the opportunity for it. Thanks for sharing with us.
Thank you! I had a lot of fun filming and putting the video together.

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! My girlfriend and I plan on diving here sometime in the next couple of years. Can you post or pm information on the costs and where you stayed, if you don't mind of course? Looks like you guys had a great time!

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! My girlfriend and I plan on diving here sometime in the next couple of years. Can you post or pm information on the costs and where you stayed, if you don't mind of course? Looks like you guys had a great time!
Sure thing! I see you are in SD. What is your fav LFS and are you apart of a club? Im having a hard time finding an awesome pest free lfs

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY EVERYONE!
Last year I took my girlfriend on a boat trip through the Great Barrier Reef for her 21st birthday. It was the most amazing thing I have ever done. This is a couple months before the wide spread bleaching event. I thought this forum would enjoy the video and the wide spread of biodiversity featured in the video.
I hope you enjoy it!
Make sure to watch in HD!

That was incredible. Bucket list trip for sure. It's amazing to see them in their own habitats.

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing! I see you are in SD. What is your fav LFS and are you apart of a club? Im having a hard time finding an awesome pest free lfs
I recently moved to oceanside. Pest free LFS do not exist in my experience haha. I QT all new fish and dip all corals. Have you heard of reefers garage? He can get you fish and corals at a great price!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back