heavy metal thread

kynan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not that. Just thought I would share some experience from reefing for a dozen years. I am a self admitted poor water tester. Usually do so by the eye test. Been real socked in at work for months. Watched the 300g have a mini crash...eg 12 inch Hawkins receded to 3 inches, and watched my 30g separate frag system take a tumble where everything was getting burned up (SPS) from top down. Played a past hunch on the main tank and replaced the finnex titanium heater tubes and things quickly improved. Usually rotate new tubes every year regardless of how they physically present. On the frag tank, I discovered a eshopps frag rack magnet cracked open where the magnet was like peanut butter to the touch. I suspect that tank will rebound as well soon. Telltale on both tanks for metal leaching is problems with Montipora recession. Any way just thought I'd share.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting you mention the monti recession as a sign. I had a bunch of monti recession even monti caps which should never die a while back. Never found anything like you mention but probably replaced a heater or 2 when i upgraded my sump and things got better. Hard to say though I tend to change a lot of things.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back