Help configuring Profilux 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am strongly considering the Profilux 4 as the controller for my new tank setup. Aside from what comes standard I want it to also control my ATO. Can someone confirm I have the right list of components:

Profilux 4 Mega package
Optical Sensor
Level Sensor
Sensor holder base
Angled holder
Level holder
Sensor splitter cable (?)
4-sensor holder (for the base sensors that come with the mega package)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Here are the exact parts you'll need for the ATO function:
  • 1x PL-1095 PL-LF-Base2 (Sensor assembly rod)
  • 1x PL-0082 Optical Sensor OR 1x PL-0077 Float Sensor
  • 1x PL-0723 Level sensor fastener, angled (For optical sensor) OR 1x PL-0080 Level sensor fastener (For float sensor) * Holds the sensor to the assembly rod

You can use the ATO function with 1 sensor, but if you want to add a second, you will need 1x PL-0081 Splitter cable, 1x optical or float sensor, and 1x level sensor fastener in the addition to the above.

With everything assembled, you will have this kind of setup w/ 1 sensor:
pl-lf-base2-Application-Example.jpg

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny, thanks for the detailed information. And the photo is super helpful. Seems like I had it pretty well figured out but wasn't completely sure.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And with Vinny's setup as shown, you can also enable Auto Water Changes.
When it starts, ATO functionality will be suspended. A simple pump in the sump turns on to start draining water.
When the water level reached the bottom sensor that pump will stop.
Then the fill pump will start and when the water level reaches the upper sensor the pump will stop and ATO functionality will resume.
Boom. You just replaced the exact amount of water you removed.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excellent use of "Boom". I like that.

And I like that AWC function too. I take it that the fill command can control two separate pumps depending on whether its set for ATO or AWC?

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent use of "Boom". I like that.

And I like that AWC function too. I take it that the fill command can control two separate pumps depending on whether its set for ATO or AWC?
Correct, you end up using 3 separate sockets on your powerbar. One for ATO pump, one for AWC fill pump and one for AWC drain pump.
You could also use a Doser 2.1 instead of pumps/sockets.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Here are the exact parts you'll need for the ATO function:
  • 1x PL-1095 PL-LF-Base2 (Sensor assembly rod)
  • 1x PL-0082 Optical Sensor OR 1x PL-0077 Float Sensor
  • 1x PL-0723 Level sensor fastener, angled (For optical sensor) OR 1x PL-0080 Level sensor fastener (For float sensor) * Holds the sensor to the assembly rod

You can use the ATO function with 1 sensor, but if you want to add a second, you will need 1x PL-0081 Splitter cable, 1x optical or float sensor, and 1x level sensor fastener in the addition to the above.

With everything assembled, you will have this kind of setup w/ 1 sensor:
pl-lf-base2-Application-Example.jpg
So just to be clear, what would the complete BOM be to match the picture? I like the ideal of this setup for both ATO and AWC. Can the 2.1 slave doser pump quick enough like the spectrapure ato parasitic pump? I'm in the process of putting together a complete Profilux system and want to get is all assembled and correct up front. Thanks in advance. JP

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to be clear, what would the complete BOM be to match the picture? I like the ideal of this setup for both ATO and AWC. Can the 2.1 slave doser pump quick enough like the spectrapure ato parasitic pump? I'm in the process of putting together a complete Profilux system and want to get is all assembled and correct up front. Thanks in advance. JP

Yes. This. More information/explanation please on the AWC functionality for us GHL/Profilux newbs. @d2mini

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I pretty well follow the AWC setup. My only real question on that would be what kind of "simple" pump would you use for this?

My next question is what would be needed to control/dim something like a ReefBrite strip with the Profilux?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use pumps such as Maxi-Jets, Mag Drive pumps, etc.

As long as the LED is 1-10V controllable, you can connect it to the ProfiLux using our LBF-AP accessory.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. This. More information/explanation please on the AWC functionality for us GHL/Profilux newbs. @d2mini
The items needed are listed above.
Two level sensors, the holders, and Y-splitter cable.... and pumps.

Here's a old video that goes over the programming setup for ATO/AWC.
Maybe GHL can do an updated video some time that is a little clearer. The new videos on their youtube channel are fantastic.

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled from the product specification linked above. I see no reason why it should not work. :)
True incremental dimming, not variable wattage, allows ballast to be ramped up and down in incremental steps via any 1-10 Volt controller.

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the LBF-AP come with the 1-10v wire/cord to connect from the 1-10v outlet on the ballast to the accessory? @Marco@GHLUSA

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the LBF-AP come with the 1-10v wire/cord to connect from the 1-10v outlet on the ballast to the accessory? @Marco@GHLUSA
No, the LBF-AP provides 2x sets of screw terminals (Port 1/2 or 3/4 or 5/6 etc) to attach your external devices cable, as these can be a number of different styles and plugs :)

Check this for reference:
Howto: 0-10v Control Return Pump

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use pumps such as Maxi-Jets, Mag Drive pumps, etc.

As long as the LED is 1-10V controllable, you can connect it to the ProfiLux using our LBF-AP accessory.

What is the purpose of the 0-10v ports on the Profilux itself when they can't be used directly in this case? Are they for native/GHL components only, such as Mitras?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the purpose of the 0-10v ports on the Profilux itself when they can't be used directly in this case? Are they for native/GHL components only, such as Mitras?
You can always chose to
A: make your own cable/modify existing cable
B: buy pre-made cable for ProfiLux pinout
C: get the LBF-AP accessory; this will provide you with a screw terminal for simple non-ProfiLux cable connection. :)

Again; the 0-10v is a industry standard 0-10v signal output. However every pump, light or accessory manufacturer has a different plug for 0-10v input. As such sometimes a cable adapter comes in handy :)

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Premiumaq do you carry a MH 0-10 v cable that can be used to connect my Reef Brite dimmable MH ballast to the GHL Profilux LBF-AP accessory? Reef Brite tech support claims it to be so.

Premiumaq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Premiumaq do you carry a MH 0-10 v cable that can be used to connect my Reef Brite dimmable MH ballast to the GHL Profilux LBF-AP accessory? Reef Brite tech support claims it to be so.

I work remotely so I am not always up to date with our products in stock. Email Jason at [email protected] and he should be able to tell you if we carry it or if we can special order it for you.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Marco@GHLUSA
I am also trying to set up my Tunze Osmolator 3155 AT0 System throught my P4. let me ask you quick question - would go and just assign your TUNZE ATO to the PAB BAR , then go into settings in myGHL control center AND GO INTO systems and click the edit button and change your operation mode to Auto Top Off, then set your max time that it runs, then Check the box that says ATO (OFF), you want that always checked on correct? Then, you can set your level sensors, i myself have the Optical and Level sensors so I will be using two switches for redundancy since I will be switching over to the Avast ATO system along with their Diaphragm pump IN ORDER to transfer the water from my saltwater water mixing station.

Profilux 4 Ultimate Set
4-sensor holder (for the base sensors that come with the mega package
PL-1095 PL-LF-Base2 (Sensor assembly rod)
PL-0082 Optical Sensor OR 1x PL-0077 Float Sensor
PL-0723 Level sensor fastener, angled (For optical sensor) OR 1x PL-0080 Level sensor fastener
#GHL #MaxSA doser for my AWC's

GHL Acrylic ROD

Level Sensor
IMG_7246.JPG

PL-0077 Level-Sensor Floater.jpg

IMG_7250.JPG

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back