OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the Cupramine in that other picture? If so then this API kit wont measure in the smaller amounts that you need for ionic copper. The seachem copper test kit in that picture is the one you want to use.
Yes and yes.. I have a seachem test that I borrowed but it's almost out of the powder. I did use it tonight and was able to test my copper.. It's at .50-.60

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those little black dots I see all over the yellow coris wrasse?

I'm also confused about the copper test kit you are using. In the pic of all the medications, I see a Seachem copper test kit (correct test kit for Cupramine); but the chart in the pic @melypr1985 references, it looks like an API chart. o_O
Those are not black dots on wrasse.. It is the glass.. And yes I purchased the Api test kit because I had to buy more copper to replace what I borrowed from friend and his test kit you see in the group pic is out of the powder. The store only had the api test kit so I bought it.. My friends kit has a little powder left and I was able to get a reading

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish my clown has a white spot on it that is new.. Please see pics as its right before his last white stripe..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think it is? Also my Cardinal is now just sitting on bottom of qt.. As I will post pics of it and the blenny that I was able to get better pics of.. Sorry for the floating poop as my twins (engineer goby) seem to poop almost human size lol.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal for a bicolor blenny? Or is that ich on him

image.jpeg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf I would do a WC and lower the Cu level so its just under 0.50 ppm. If it's up to 0.6 that may be too high for the fish and why they are looking splotchy.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf I would do a WC and lower the Cu level so its just under 0.50 ppm. If it's up to 0.6 that may be too high for the fish and why they are looking splotchy.
I just sent you a convo lol what's up with the white spot and should I start antibiotics

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent you a convo lol what's up with the white spot and should I start antibiotics

I would lower the Cu level first before assuming it's a bacterial infection and dosing antibiotics. I've seen fish develop spots like that if the copper level is too high. Their skin becomes sensitive to the poison (which technically, is what copper in liquid form is.) Lower it down to just below 0.50 ppm.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that I was supposed to do a antibiotic starting day one:( gosh I'm so aggravated with myself.. @Humblefish or anyone whom can answer this.. Is it to late for my clown? If I start antibiotics today and if not.. Which should I start? Please see pic of medicine cabinet I purchased.. Lol I have I do believe three different ones

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would lower the Cu level first before assuming it's a bacterial infection and dosing antibiotics. I've seen fish develop spots like that if the copper level is too high. Their skin becomes sensitive to the poison (which technically, is what copper in liquid form is.) Lower it down to just below 0.50 ppm.
I will test again.. I took water out and added fresh water last night

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that I was supposed to do a antibiotic starting day one:( gosh I'm so aggravated with myself.. @Humblefish or anyone whom can answer this.. Is it to late for my clown? If I start antibiotics today and if not.. Which should I start? Please see pic of medicine cabinet I purchased.. Lol I have I do believe three different ones

Why were you supposed to start an antibiotic at day one? I may be a bit lost here. Let's give the fish a day or two after the copper has been lowered a little before deciding if they need other treatment added to this one.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why were you supposed to start an antibiotic at day one? I may be a bit lost here. Let's give the fish a day or two after the copper has been lowered a little before deciding if they need other treatment added to this one.
Going by this that @Humblefish linked me to...

image.png

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.. I just drove 1.5 hours after finding a seachem copper test.. And these are my readings.. Looks to me to be right at .5 but could use opinions..

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all swimming around much better now that the copper is lowered some. But my clown still has that white spot

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

anthonyroc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend using nite out 2 for ammonia and nitrate reduction.

anthonyroc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It helps until you can do a water change that's what I use when I qt new fish.

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what I would recommend if you could call seachem support and talk to a live person in the laboratory and they're going to ask you for pictures and they helped me every time and it works great

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend using nite out 2 for ammonia and nitrate reduction.
Do not use ANY nitrite nitrate or ammonia detoxifiers with copper, it makes the copper toxic.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
My male Darwin clown got ich from a 6 line I got and didn't QT him from store. So removed 6 line and chompers 2 QT and treated with what lfs gave me 2 use for free as they care. Sadly he didn't get treatment in time so lost but 6 line lived. After I removed him I treated DT with herbtana. 2 months later, Still had my female in DT the whole time. The coral didn't like the herbal treatment and was easy 2 see from GSP 1/10 extended. Treated 2 times and no ich reemerged. On 3rd month after losing him still haven't got a new male as I was soooo sad. He was named chompers as when my hand went in he'd get me between my fingers ALWAYS . No sump and added chato in a media bag like what's on left powerhead. Now I got a spotted mandarin for eatn microfauna and amphipods as 6 line was the fish that gave him ich. I now hate 6 lines. But r beautiful fish stunning really. Thanks for this awsome forum. 1st time talking as found R2R after ich experience. Frightening. Again thanks

image.jpg

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk y it did 2 photos. but since I'm talkn and don't wanna jack ur thread how do I get my tru color acropora back. I think I need 2 get a 2nd hood with blue and blue plus 2 get it back as that's what they used on that tank at store. Like 6 blues and I got 1 6k and 10k day. Thanks again

image.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back