Help marine velvet

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and then add how much copper? How much water change?

I'd do a 25% WC, and add back 4 drops of Cupramine per gallon (for however many gallons 25% removes.)

Wife is making me go to bed now, but I'll check on ya in the morning. ;) Meredith (early bird) is usually on before I am so she'll probably respond first. And her advice is basically the same (if not better) than mine. :)

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do a 25% WC, and add back 4 drops of Cupramine per gallon (for however many gallons 25% removes.)

Wife is making me go to bed now, but I'll check on ya in the morning. ;) Meredith (early bird) is usually on before I am so she'll probably respond first. And her advice is basically the same (if not better) than mine. :)
Thank you so much for your help! I will post update below

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a little over 25% water change and added 10 drops just to make sure I wasn't over doing it.. I waited 4 mins and copper read to light. I added 5 more drops and waited 4 mins and as I waited.. The first test got darker but second test was even darker.. I took out 2 quarts of water and added more clean water and tested and finally got a .5 reading.. My ammonia is back to 0 so I give them KanaPlex, 2 drops of garlic, fed hatchery pellets and turned the lights off.. I'm going to let them rest and go to bed myself.. By the way.. One of the twins tried to escape at some point.. Unfortunately he was just found looking like jerky:( I have a new established 75 gallon so I removed everyone and only kept the three showing signs of anything in my qt. to help load off ammonia.. Praying all my little guys will be swimming and happy in the morning..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hers another pic where u cld see the difference between the two clowns

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hers another pic where u cld see the difference between the two clowns
The last pic is the one I'm referring to well the one before the pic you just posted,. And they look the same other than one is a little brighter.. If you can check their eyes.. The True Percula, the eye shows more orange color to it surrounding the pupil. The Ocellaris clownfish has more black surrounding the pupil.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that posted twice.. But we may need to start a new thread seeing as this is under fish disease treatment.. I don't mind but don't want to get in trouble..:)

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last pic is the one I'm referring to well the one before the pic you just posted,. And they look the same other than one is a little brighter.. If you can check their eyes.. The True Percula, the eye shows more orange color to it surrounding the pupil. The Ocellaris clownfish has more black surrounding the pupil.
What u was asking was is my male a blood orange

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that posted twice.. But we may need to start a new thread seeing as this is under fish disease treatment.. I don't mind but don't want to get in trouble..:)
Ok I actually already have on its called
Clownfish strain??

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf Next time wait about an hour before checking the Cu level (after adding more.) Give it time to circulate & fully mix.

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf Next time wait about an hour before checking the Cu level (after adding more.) Give it time to circulate & fully mix.
When ever you add any additives to the tank wait at least 10 mins to make sure everything is circulated whether it's salt or fresh top off or calcium or any other trace elements wait don't test right away as you will most probably get a non accurate test result

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok.. Thank you.. I stirred it but I should have known to wait.. Unfortunately we lost the blenny:( the clowns look great!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry! I've been at work all day and haven't had a chance to check in. Looks like you and Humble got it sorted out though :)

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update.. I tried to calm down after getting the copper and everything correct and give you guys some freedom from harassment lol.. @Humblefish and @melypr1985 thank you again for all your help.. I know I wouldn't have been able to do this without you guys helping me step by step! So anyway, I checked everything this morning.. Everything is perfect! I dosed the KanaPlex again this morning.. Give garlic and food everyday obviously and they are doing so good.. The big clown still has a small spot on him.. But I can tell it has gotten smaller since I first noticed it.. But he's not showing any effects from it.. Still touching his buddy tomato clown.. Haha.. Anyway.. See pics.. I love the second one where they are both looking at me like "what are you looking at?" The first one is the best I could get of the big clowns right side. Remember the spot is right before his last stripe on his right side. Do you think it looks better?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also wanted to share my two new additions that I'm Sooooo excited about! They are bonded premium snowflakes:) in second pic is them getting along with the baby:) and I have 5 bubble tip anemones and all three want the same one.. Lol and the final pic is the new 75g!! So far so good on this tank! Everyone just say a prayer haha!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back